Friday, November 29, 2013

Lesson 272: No $h!t!

We've got ourselves an early winter at the Lamp Post.
Some parts of my region got over a foot of snow!
No $h!t!


Good thing the birds flew south. 
There would be no room for them in the Inn.


The puffy clouds on Thanksgiving morning brought snow.



Some parts of my region got over a foot!
No $h!t!

It didn't deter the group of guys who play football in the park.


They held their Thanksgiving morning game anyway.


How did I know they were there?
I was out there, too.


Thanksgiving morning I began a little fitness challenge to stay motivated and reap the benefits of outdoor exercise.   My friend Bri told me about it.  From Thanksgiving to New Year's Eve I will run one mile outside each day, snow or shine.  For Eloise, this takes about ten minutes.  I plan for eleven minutes due to frequent photo ops and the fact that I don't like even numbers.  

I laced up my sneakers and threw on some polar fleece.  With my ear buds in my ears and camera strapped around my midsection, I took off for a little back and forth down my road.  

Here are my tracks from Thanksgiving morning.


I trotted past 6 Mile Cellars, a great winery across the street from the Lamp Post.  
Eloise was glad she was out, or I would have missed the chance to take this cool picture.


After eleven refreshing minutes, I came inside and completed a stretch series I learned on my recent 58 Day Challenge.  In about twenty minutes time (well, 21....the even numbers thing...), I felt like a new person.  Refreshed, relaxed, and ready to meet the demands of the season.

The challenge is 33 days long, which happens to be my favorite number.  Try it with me!  If you do, Eloise will give you a prize when it's over.  I also have something special planned for the last night, which is New Year's Eve.  You won't want to miss it.

33 was the magic number on Thanksgiving, too.
Kenyan, my speedy fast sister, hosted a dinner for 33, plus me!

No Sh!t!
We all fit!



Kenyan and Steve are fabulous cooks.  They put on the entire feast.
I always have the important job of bringing the rolls.


Did you notice my roll platter?
It's the toilet seat lid from my bathroom remodel.
No $h!t!
That was it!

We had to get rid of our potty.
(Don't ever say he's not a good sport.  Can you imagine living with me?)
  

The flusher would no longer work, and couldn't be fixed,


 much to the dismay of my father.  He lives next door to me.


 It pains the man to see anything go out to the trash.
Dad's a fixer and an inventor and a saver.
Mom just calls him cheap.

Before the trash man came for the pick up, I stripped the lid off.
Made a handy little roll platter, it did!
No $h!t!
A perfect fit!
(for 33 dinner rolls)


So what did you eat for Thanksgiving dinner, Eloise?  Did you stay true to your new habits formed out of 58 days of clean eating?  I can hear you asking through my computer screen.  

Nope. 
 I ate whatever I wanted at Kenyan's for Thanksgiving. 
 I didn't pass up a single dish.  


Then I ate some more later that night
at the Lamp Post Poker Party.


The cream cheese on crackers with red pepper jelly


was my favorite!


I got to experience all those foods again in the wee hours of the night.
Eloise could have filmed a Pepto-Bismol commercial.


My stomach did not handle all the sugar,
all the caffeine,
all the alcohol,
 and all the dairy.
Even my own rolls revolted!
I guess you could say I was a gluten for punishment.

After flipping and flopping,
and moaning and groaning most of the night,
I got up at 4:00 am and did what most people do awake in the middle of the night:
Post my intestinal drama on facebook.

No $h!t!

Here was my post:

58 Day'ers: Anyone else's intestines in a twist from a day of feasting? OMG. My body is revolting.
Like ·  · 



I managed to get back to sleep in an upright position.  
If I lay flat, the acid pooled and gurgled in the dip at the bottom of my throat. 
No $h!t!

A awoke a few hours later, belching, but optimistic.

My next post was this:

  • Eloise Hawking Eloise has lived! Stupid workout photos will continue. Live and learn sums up that experience. The night was long. I couldn't lay flat. When I did, there was an acidic gurgling in that dip at the bottom of my throat. A day of mass food reintroduction following directly after 58 days of clean, healthy, sensible eating, was far tougher on my system than I imagined. I crave the way I felt two days ago. With no effort, I will go back to doing what Doc encouraged us to. If I do have treats this season, it will be in moderation--just a bite or two will suffice. No need to try every single delight either. Just pick my favorites and have a little.
    15 hours ago · Like · 2
  • Eloise Hawking It was yucky, by as the sun comes up today, I am thankful for the experience. I learned a lot. You are a good teacher, Doc. Coming from me, that is the best compliment I can ever give.
    15 hours ago · Like · 1

  • And then I decided to do this:

    Eloise Hawking Now, to sweat some of this out, and on to a little shopping.
    15 hours ago · Like · 1


    Holiday Streak Day 2:


    No $h!t!

    I shouldn't have fed Josie all those turkey scraps.


    When I returned home from my eleven minute, fresh air recharge, 
    I felt fantastic.
    It was very short lived though.

    Hmmm,  peculiar.

    Strange pattern + guilty look.



    Sam to Mother Eloise:  I was trying to write my name in the snow with pee.  You didn't get back fast enough.  It all melted together.

    No $h!t!


    Sigh.

    I suppose you'd like to see the Lamp Post bathroom remodel.
    Let's have a look.


    Ellen Louise chose the red color on the wall.


    That is my lamp post in the front yard of the Lamp Post.
    The best part is the frame.
    It is my old bedroom window.


    If you are a good reader of detail and were paying attention,  you will remember that earlier in this piece I mentioned:
    • My parents live next door
    • My dad likes to save things
    Therefore to take your learning a notch higher:
    • You inferred that my old bedroom is in the house next door
    • And my dad had my old window (just in case.....you never know when a person may need something)
    You must be gifted!
    I'll add you to the Quest class roster.
    There are my old bedroom windows--top floor of the red house.



    Cool shot because I am looking out of my current bedroom window.
    Quite surreal.






    My potty sits back in a nook.


    I have a handy hubby.  He made me this wooden wall.
    Eloise was inspired by this pinterest pin.

    DIY Pallet Wall- Bathroom before and after....for a small half bath to give depth and height!

    That's what I do with pinterest--find inspiration,
    then make my own, but even better.

    The thing to the right of my potty in the picture is a scrabble board.
    I thought that would be fun!!!


    I found a way to include my photos.
    Handsome made the Wall of Fame,


    as well as some of my other favorites.


    My friend Lauren loved the top one of the men in the boat.
    Yes, I see that it is crooked, Mother.
    I'll fix it after I post this.
    Lamp Post doors are locked for the night.
    Go to bed, Grandma.


    I got a new light.  


    And found a display for some of my key collection.


    Thanks for the board, Bart Towell.  I swiped that from your horse corral when you were taking down part of it to make the parking lot for Six Mile Cellars.  

    No $h!t!
    Can't let a good board go to waste.
    Or a horseshoe.



    My dad saved a bunch he found over the years.  Their house was actually the old Firman Farm.  My house was built on a horse pasture.  We unearthed several when we dug the foundation for the Lamp Post sixteen years ago.  I've kept the ends face up, and so far my luck hasn't run out.

    Behind the door we made a spot for bathroom graffiti.
    Maybe my luck is about to run out now.
    With teenagers in the house, that is an invitation for trouble.


    Sam insisted on making the first picture.
    Hubby got the first phrase.
    (Sam can't read cursive yet).


    I'd say it was a job well done.
    No $h!t!


    For a peek at how Eloise spent her Thanksgiving, click on the video below.  It is set to Best Song Ever by Alex & Sierra, contestants on the X-Factor.  The modern day Sonny and Cher have made it to the finals.  They, along with Jeff Gutt, are my favorites this season.  

    Alex & Sierra have a knack for making something old, new again.  The song is actually a remake of the One Direction song, Best Song Ever.  No $h!t!  If you don't believe me, CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO THE ORIGINAL.  You almost won't recognize it as the same song.

    Have a great weekend, Readers.  Enjoy your left overs!  Remake them into something new and wonderful.  Turkey soup sounds good, doesn't it?

    Eloise

    No comments: