Friday, October 2, 2026

Lesson 972: 2007 Honda Civic

 Hello, Readers.

Eloise traveled far and wide this week--

as far and wide 

as a teacher-mom from suburbia travels, that is.

Last weekend was spent in Marienville, PA

checking in on the Allegheny National Forest.

The No-Stoplight town was Fall-Festing,

and we were feeling festive, so we went!


It's true--Forest County is the only county in Pennsylvania

to have no permanent traffic lights.

I love weekend excursions,

but boy do they leave me tired on Sunday nights.

I don't rebound as quickly as I used to.

Mid week,

I was thinking traffic control was needed for this boat!

We watched all these gulls from a very cool vantage point.


The Erie Land Lighthouse!
I took some Questies on a field trip.
You can go see it and the grounds for yourself
at a Fall Fest there on October 10th.


It's worth the 70 step climb to the top.
The view was fantastic!



While climbing the steps, my left knee was creaking and clicking.
I strained it the week prior
doing Stress Relief Yoga...


FYI--the unassisted yoga squat
did not do my knee any favors,
even when following the proper technique.


I wanted to reclaim my natural capacity!
I could do that squat last winter!
Trying not to be frustrated by age-related limitations,
I gimped out for a walk.

Sometimes when I'm out for a walk,
or out amongst my flowers,
answers come.
My brain makes sense of things.

I put on this podcast from Move Daily Talks with Tracy Steen.
She is a Canadian fitness and wellness influencer
about my age.
I love her workouts,
recipes,
and podcasts!


The episode that played was about
the inner work of aging.,
as women in particular,
don't like how they look
or how they feel inside.

Here is the episode with David Phillips, 
a practicing therapist.


If you fast forward to the 33 minute mark
you will hear part of their conversation
about the 2007 Honda Civic--
that's what David calls himself.

The 2007 Honda Civic was a good car!
Not super expensive,
but he took care of it,
and it has served him well.

If you take really good care of your 2007 Honda Civic
you can still be driving it around.
It has some scratches and dents--
but those make for the best stories!
Eventually,
no matter how well you take care of your 2007 Honda Civic,
one of your wheels will fall off,
and you'll have to get them fixed.

It was a fresh and funny perspective 
on the old story of old aging.
My knees needed to hear it!

I drove my old 2007 Honda Civic 
with a poorly rotating left wheel
out to Port Farms for Goat Yoga!


Fresh air


a bunch of goats amid the yoga mats
was just what I needed!








Good night from this Old Goat
driving around her 2007 Honda Civic body.

It still wants to go places,
to see and do new things.
I drive more slowly now,
take a few more rest stops,
but always bring all of you along for the ride!

Enjoy your weekend, Readers!
Eloise






No comments: