Saturday, September 28, 2024

Lesson 866: The Orchid

Hello, Readers!

Or should I say, 

Hello, Pumpkin! 


It smells like grapes,

and sweaty football players!

V patterns fly over my house southward every day.

It's the time of year everyone is thinking about harvest.
But not Eloise.
I'm thinking about birth.

Look at my surprise!
It's the most perfect greenhouse I've ever seen.


I was stunned!

Mr. Retired completely surprised me with it

and it couldn't be more perfect.

You know in the movie Rudy,

when he got to see the stadium for the first time--

that was me.

She has a name.

I've named her long before she was born in my backyard.

Meet Orchid.

I love orchids.


There are so many beautiful flowers to admire.


Here's a little weekend homework to read over:

Orchids are plants that belong to the family Orchidaceae, a diverse and widespread group of flowering plants with blooms that are often colourful and fragrant. Orchids are cosmopolitan plants that are found in almost every habitat on Earth except glaciers.

And let me pick your brain for a moment.

Fellow fans,

do you recognize this?


It's the Dharma Station symbol for The Orchid.

The Orchid was the name given to a DHARMA Initiative station dedicated to exotic matter research, namely time travel, under the guise of being a botanical research station. The true station was located in an underground chamber beneath a greenhouse, and drew energy for its experiments from the same anomalous energy source as the frozen wheel

My home, The Lamp Post,

is named after the Lamp Post Dharma station 

from LOST, my favorite TV show.


The Lamp Post was a DHARMA Initiative station located in a basement chamber beneath a church in Los Angeles, California in the United States. The station's purpose was to determine the Island's most probable location in space and time and identify windows of opportunity to travel there. It was the only known DHARMA station to exist off of the Island.

And who is the caretaker of the Lamp Post Dharma Station?

None other than Eloise Hawking!


I hear the collective exhale of the newer readers,

Ahhhhhhhhh,

Now it makes sense!

Much more to come from The Orchid.

Keep visiting on Friday nights for updates.

Some other highlights from the week:

Ellen Louise turned 24!

When did she go from this:


to this:


to this?

What did Grandma give Ellen 

that brought forth such a genuine smile?



Meteorological seasons at the Lamp Post

are marked by birthdays.

Summer is Mr. Lamp Post's birthday May 23rd

to Ellen's birthday on September 22nd.

Her actual birthday weather is always nice,

and later that week it always rains

and the weather begins to have a fallish feel.

See?


Erie's gray skies have returned,
as well as the changing leaves.


This former Klein student took the mound in Pittsburgh this week!



He has the same determined eyes that I remember.
Congratulations, Isaac!


It was Daughter's Day
and I shared Natalie and Ellen's artwork!


I love football,
but I always stick around to see the marching band.


So did Slippery Rock Thursday night!



They have a great show this year!





The band was great,
but the sky stole the show

on Neon Night nonetheless!


And it was a win for the Huskies!




Enjoy your weekend, Readers.
If you don't know where to find me
check The Orchid.

Eloise






No comments: