Friday, August 7, 2026

Lesson 964: Anthesis

 Hello, Readers.

Eloise here,

wishing you a happy weekend.

Today's vocabulary word is:



I've been watching our sunflowers reach 
this stage in their development.

Every stage along the way is beautiful.





I love going out to see them,
and returning to them a few minutes later
and there are changes.




Unfurled is true anthesis.

This one is the Autumn Beauty.


The Skyscrapers have not bloomed yet.


We are trying to figure out this one.


This one is Lemon Queen.


The Russian Mammoths are starting to bloom.
What is most impressive with that plant 


is the leaves!


Garden win of the week
in terms of tiny anthesis--

We planted Forget Me Nots
around Josie's grave.
She passed away on August 3rd, 8 years ago.
We will always remember
our beloved black lab.


A few months after her death
we adopted Hazel.  
When we reviewed her paperwork 
from the ANNA Shelter,
we discovered she was born the next day--
August 4th!

Natalie and I read the back of the seed packages

for two varieties of Forget Me Nots,

and tried to time their blooms

for August 3rd and 4th.


We were spot on!


If you are a local,
and have a cat adoption in your heart,
I have two young cats in need of homes.
They are not feral.
They will be going to the vet this week
to see if they are chipped 
and if they are boys or girls.

One looks like this--
a gray tabby with blue eyes.
I named it Welcome,
after a friend of our family who recently passed away.
Her middle name was Welcome!


The other is a pure black cat
with green eyes
and silky-shiny fur!
I named that one Artemis
for the NASA Moon Missions.


Please contact any of the Lamp Posters
if you would love to see one of these kitties!


Enjoy the weekend, Readers.

Eloise





No comments: