Friday, May 8, 2020

Lesson 644: In Pursuit

Hello, Readers!


We are in pursuit of some warmer days at the Lamp Post.


Just when things were greening up,


the chilling wind 
brought with it some unwelcome
snow flurries.

Ellen Louise
made the trek down I-79 to Edinboro University
to return library books
in her mask......
and parka.


We celebrated the end of her semester
with a Taco Tuesday on Cinco de Mayo.

Nephew Jack,
whom I have now named Senor Senior,
 will start his senior year
at Duquesne in the fall.
Every college student is wondering
exactly how that will pan out.
And so, 
we wait to see.


The uncertainty of all things 
led me to the pursuit of a rare, Tuesday evening margarita.


After Hazel wrestled the bottle away from Grandma--
it was quite a fight,
Grandma has a strong grip,


Hazel won.


After a strong sniff,


she seemed to enjoy it the chew, too.


A favorable break in the weather last weekend,
led my family in pursuit of a big
rock formation we always looked for
and never found.


We took a long hike up a tall mountain.



Found by Natalie!



We will be missing a few travel destinations
we were really looking forward to seeing this summer.

Instead, 
we are turning to look to things to see and do
in our great state of Pennsylvania.
I've never been anywhere else I'd want to call home.

My students and I took time today
to plan summer travel destinations for our families.
Most places are outdoors and within a day's driving distance.
If you don't mind an early ride
and heading to bed when the fireflies light the night,
most can be accomplished in a day with careful planning.

We used this website,
which is really wonderful.


I love PA's new state slogan.


There are 38 free virtual experiences offered
through the Visit PA website.
Click the link below to get you to the exact place.

This is a wonderful offering.
You could spend an afternoon
in the pursuit of some quality internet surfing.
Check it out.

The video below is the one I watched this afternoon,
offered through the Heinz History Museum--
toys of the 1950's, 60's, and 70's!

You'll see my first phone
and my sister's troll doll!


 I'd rather be mixing with my kiddies
than couch surfing museums.

I got to see my favorite little girlies
in the yard.



The little one started walking
in the 7 weeks we've been distancing.


Tonight,
the Lamp Posters gathered 
 in North East
to wave to Davis Primary students
as they drove by in a car parade.

If you were in the first ten cars,
sorry,
I missed your photo
because I was crying too hard!

We miss you terribly!


Kids need school.


It is their world,


their security,


their identity.


You truly don't miss something until it's gone.


Craning their necks to get a look a their teacher.


All smiles when our eyes connected.


 We love you students!


Thank you for showing up this evening.


I began my career in North East and owe a lot to the district.
I've summered there since 1988
and considered the grapey little town
my second home.



Mr. Lamp Post works with Kindergartners now
and they appear on screen as tiny little squares 
every day.
I know them by their voices
and letter sounds
and lots and lots of giggles.
I saw my favorite little girl
who always wears a bow!



After I tear soaked my mask
and wiped my camera lens dry,
I stood outside in the freezing wind to 
get some action shots of Mr. Lamp Post
and is colleagues along the parade route.



The best moment of the evening when I heard a gasp
from a nearby, 
slow moving car.

Miss O!

Little Amanda Parmarter,
now 34 years old,
but forever seven in my heart.

You were her favorite teacher,
the driver called out,
she's never forgotten you!


Amanda!
I exclaimed,
wiping a new trickle of tears,
I loved you so much I used the picture you drew 
me on my wedding program!

Yes, indeed,
I did.



If a North East Reader
knows Modern Day Amanda,
will you please send her my blog 
and contact information.
I would love to talk to her
and see how her life has been.

I'll end this blog tonight
with some musings of the universe.


How does that beautiful moon control the tides?


What is it like to stand on the surface
and look back at the earth?


Will the super rich make travel there a sport one day?


Does it really make wolves howl,


and children nutty?


It always grounds me when I look up
and think we are all looking up at the same moon.


Pursue your happiness this weekend,
no matter your circumstances.

ELOISE
look carefully



No comments: