Monday, August 12, 2013

Lesson 253: As Always


Special Report from the Lamp Post:
Fionnula Has Struck Again


....as always.


For those of you following the Fionnula Flanigan, real life story line, another letter arrived today.  Rather than recap the story, I'll point new readers to my archives to catch up.  You can find the back story in pieces in the following blogs:  Lessons 224, 227, 229, 230, 243, 244, 245 (my list of suspects), 246 (grandma's list of suspects), 249 (the Accused).

Here is a snapshot of the envelope it arrived in, hovering over my rain soaked driveway.
Notice the post mark is from Pittsburgh!


Another interesting development:
the long poem was two-sided on typical 8 1/2 x 11 printer paper.
Two-siding is a first.  
What do you make of that, Readers?


The biggest development in the note (which will appear in its entirety below) some of you were right!
The postcard I received on July 17th was sent by an imposter!

I am not sure if I ever included the postcard photo on this blog, 
however I did on my facebook account.  Here it is again:


This postcard was addressed to my birth name, not pen name.
Also, LaFuria does have a capital F, and this person did not use one.
Most likely not a family member.


Here are the facebook comments people made regarding this mysterious postcard:


  • Bonnie  This looks like a postcard from the 80's or maybe 90's judging from the men's swimtrunks. This may be a leftover card from a vacay about 20+ years ago. Since the long brown haired bathing beauty is circled, can we safely assume Foxy has at least divulged "her" gender?
  • Eloise Hawking She also called herself an "Irish dame" in early clue. We could always have a secret cross dresser. Steven , (Doc) is known to wear a cape from time to time.
  • Steven  1. Fionnula the actress is from Ireland
    2. You are assuming the card is coming from the same person. 
    3. A Cape makes me feel safe.
    July 18 at 7:00am via mobile · Unlike · 1
  • Bonnie  I agree with Steven...the Irish Dame part was referring back to the character (Fionnula) that your Foxy friend is playing--so not necessarily indicative of gender. Cross dresser, maybe. But, I think in order to pull off a bikini on a crowded beach they would have had to have a sex change...fit anyone on the list? Haha!


    •  Eloise sent the card to herself
    • Eloise Hawking Evidence of disguised writing. The t's have a hook at the bottom--not typical of an elementary teacher. Also LaFuria does not have a capital F--not a family member.
    • Eloise Hawking For those who don't play scrabble: flagitious--Adjective
      (of a person or their actions) Criminal; villainous.
      Synonyms
      infamous - criminal - felonious
    • Eloise Hawking Steven  I was waiting for that to come up and only you would be bold enough to challenge that---but no, it is not me. I wouldn't have a clue where to get a post card. My friends know I am not a big traveler.
    • Eloise Hawking We could have two people in cahoots---and for those of you who don't play scrabble: ca·hoots 
      Noun
      Colluding or conspiring together secretly.
      Synonyms
      partnership



    Here is the text of the letter, printed in the same printed font,
    exactly as it was typed.

    Eloise Hawking, you have a new glow
    Your eyes have a sparkle, your gait a new flow.

    You're strong and you're brave, a real role model
    You pursued your goals without any dawdle.

    You've added new obstacles to your repertoire
    I'm impressed with your confidence, you've really come far!

    Your family radiates the same spark as you
    From the pride they exude in all that you do.

    Did the postcard add any one to your roster?
    You were correct to surmise, it as sent by an imposter.

    Who, I don't know, but it did give you pause
    I can only imagine the stir it did cause.

    Using your name was quite the faux pas
    An amateur sleuth could catch that simple flaw.

    You and your team have much greater skill
    Your clue solving talents are not fun of the mill.

    Can this mystery end without ever knowing 
    Or should it continue as long as words keep on flowing?

    My identity will remain a mystery for now
    You will know it soon, of that I do vow.

    Could I be a part of your alleged fab five?
    Did your public accusation stir up that hive?

    Is my name Jill, Henry, or Marian?
    Am I a doctor, a teacher, a librarian?

    Am I a Tough Mudder, seeking a challenge like you
    Or behind the scenes, with a lens to look through?

    Could I be a jokester with a name like smart ass?
    Would Fionnula message you, so full of sass?

    Our paths will cross, I'm sure very soon
    I'm expecting a meeting before the next full moon.

    Hoorah, Eloise!

    As always,
    Fionnula
    PEASE READ!! Okay, so I have to do a survey for school. Comment your answer below! Do you like exercising? If so, do you prefer dancing, running, goin to the gym, soccer, volleyball or other? If other, comment which! THANK YOU!!
    Now how about that, Readers?
    Impressed?
    Eloise sure is.

    I have some thoughts swirling around in this empty head of mine, 
    but I want to hear your thoughts first, before I post my own.

    And, I think I need this necklace,

    Question mark

    or this ring,
    but I'm running out of fingers!
    Question Mark Ring....because I always ask a lot of questions


    Send me messages with your ideas.  
    Until next time,
    Eloise

































































    1 comment:

    Bonnie said...

    Go with the necklace....oh so much cooler and more chic than the ring!