Friday, January 5, 2018

Lesson 516: Holed Up


We are holed up here at the Lamp Post,


hiding out from this extremely cold weather!



Eloise and family have spent most of the time inside, 
looking out at the snowmen.

They are so cute
that when we take down our Christmas decorations,



we decorate the house with snowmen.


This one is a personal favorite that goes up every year.
It's a photo frame I received as a gift when the girls were little.
I never got around to finding an appropriate photo to fit the frame,
so I just left the black and white one from the manufacturer.
Ellen always assumed that it was her.

  Mom, I don't remember that snow suit.  What color was it?

When I told her that it was just some random kid,
Ellen told me I "wrecked her world."


To make up for her broken childhood,
I taught her how to crochet.
It's amazing how many infinity scarves one can make
when your parents won't let you drive to go see your friends.


Sam felt left out of the game,
and it's impossible for a right-hander 
to teach a left-hander yarn art,
so I pulled out the Nifty Knitter,
and Sam is making a hat!


We scurry from the house to the car,
then the car to the gym.


Weekend basketball games are something to look forward to.


Eloise still gets out with her wellness group
a few times a week.
If you haven't given a winter, outdoor workout a chance,
give it a try this year.



Just walking through the deep snow is a great workout!

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and night

Everyone is posting their 2018 goals.
I have learned that I sure do know some motivated people!

Image may contain: snow, sky and outdoor

Fitness goals are good ones.
Sports accomplishments are easily measured,
but there are lots of other kinds of goals, too.


Financial goals,
health goals,
work related goals,
relationship goals.

My goals have been few,
but everything I set out to accomplish, I have.

Goals are neat to think about.
This year I thought a lot about them,
whittling them down to their very essence.

For 2018 I chose something that I have pledged to do,
day after day,
without fail.
No debits and credits,
forgetting one day and doubling up the next,
borrowing from the pot to pay back later.
No IOU's.
My goal is a daily,
do-without-fail 
kinda goal.

I was trying to determine if my goal needed
consistency
Consistency is what I want my life to be marked by in 2016. I'm a dreamer and I always have some new scheme or idea floating around in my brain. Sometimes I don't share them with people until I'm sure that it has a likely chance of working but it takes up a lot of space in my head. To be successful especially financially consistency is required in the choices made. In order to have an investment pay off you have to invest in the investment. For instance I was going to buy LeadPages last mont...

or 
discipline.

Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.  Quotes, inspirational quotes, motivational quotes, discipline quotes, goals, goals quotes.

I found this clever description that helped me sort it out.



Discipline Vs. Consistency

One key difference between discipline and consistency is our will/desire. It is easy to be consistent with something you have a great desire for. If you love ice cream it takes little effort to eat it every night. Discipline requires consistency but discipline is more than being consistent. Discipline is a bending and training of our wills and desires through doing things that aren’t already second nature. This is why eating ice cream has yet to make it on a list of spiritual disciplines.
Weekend homework:
What goal can you set for yourself 
that would require a daily commitment?

Flossing your teeth.
Making your bed.
Kissing your spouse goodnight.
Praising your God.

Eloise believes if you choose a well thought out goal
to build something big,
out of something small--
then you have chosen well for 2018.

Be Well,
Eloise

Free new year images 2018 hd download pictures to post on Facebook,whatsapp,pinterest,Instagram and Twitter to wish all your friends and family members.These happy new year 2018 images download are best for your boyfriend,girlfriend,lover,cousin and neighbors to wish a grand start and to follow the resolutions for betterment of their lives.








No comments: