Friday, November 15, 2019

Lesson 618: Songs About Rainbows

Hello, Readers.
Eloise had to bust out the winter hat


and my winter nighttime reflective jacket!


As we zoom into mid November,
the temps are dipping in Erie.


November 13th was Kindness Day.
This year, we've attached a warm cardigan to it
in honor of Mr. Rogers!

This is my favorite post that was circulating.
What wonderful people they were!


Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, text



I would quiz you on the identities
of Bob Ross, the Happy Painter,
Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter,
and Fred Rogers, of Mr. Rogers Neighborhood,
but I have a few videos to watch 
for your weekend homework instead.
It's OK.
It's 2019.
You are allowed to watch youtube videos for homework.
I assign them all the time now.

Here's the first one.
Watch this on Mr. Rogers message to his adult fans.


Here is the full PBS news article if you prefer reading.
Kids like choices,
so I may as well offer choice to my adult readers, too.


Here is another good one--
Fred Rogers acceptance speech 
for his Lifetime Achievement Award.



Thinking about Mr. Rogers this week brought me back
to the 1970's.
I only have to turn my gaze east to remember,
as I live next door to where I grew up.

Images of playing "house" and "school",
riding my bike through muddy indents 
on the then dirt covered Firman Road,
Saturday morning cartoons,
and The Muppet Show. 
Oh, how I loved The Muppet Show!

Imagine the coincidence,
than in the same week,
two of my favorite country music stars
sang Rainbow Connection
at the Country Music Awards.

Quiet your house,
dim the lights,
and enjoy the beauty of this simple song.
It was my favorite of the night.



Every week I write my own Song About Rainbows
about my colorful life.

RED


My sister had the most hysterical typo 
this week,
which has kept me red cheeked from laughing.
She was writing a note to her customer for Stitch Fix
to include with the order.
The woman,
was a 53 year old named Virginia.
If you have ever read any messages
or texts or posts from my sister,
trying to decipher them 
is like reading a foreign language.
Typing too quickly, she wrote,
Hello, Vagina!
It's a pleasure to style you today!
I've included some pieces to keep you warm and cozy this winter!

Thankfully, 
she caught the mistake before she clicked SEND.
Lesson for the weekend:
Proofread.

ORANGE




YELLOW



Sam had a few weeks to come home after school 
since football ended.

It sure is nice to have him helping around the house.
He took care of a bump on Natalie's head,
brought back the garbage cans,
walked Hazel,
and unloaded the dishwasher--
all without us asking him to.
I asked Sam why he was so motivated,
thinking that he was fishing for some cash.
He shrugged and replied,
I just saw it was stuff that needed to be done,
so I did it.

12 and a half years of daily instruction--
and he finally passed the test!

GREEN


Broccoli was our food of the week,
as I made a bit of a mistake on our on-line shopping order.

Image may contain: food

Hazel ate my favorite Kirkland's tree

Image may contain: 1 person, dog

but I fixed it!

No photo description available.

BLUE



Winter outdoor exercise is one of my favorite things!
Handsome in his blue jeans and black hat agrees.



This is a great book!
It's not a fitness book
or a diet book,
but a wellness book
with great tips and advice
and lots and lots of fantastic photos.

BLUESY-PINKISH-PURPLES

Ahh,
the fall skies!




WHITE

My favorite deaf,
white,
blue-eyed alpaca,
I've named Helen.


Here's a song,
not about a rainbow,
but about a Homecoming Queen.
I head this one on the Country Music Awards.
I owed my 19 year old a birthday song,
but my computer equipment has been down 
for a couple of months.
I've finally got it all back up and running,
just in time for this song.

Happy very belated birthday, Ellen!


ELOISE

No comments: