Friday, October 12, 2018

Lesson 558: Hunting for Hazel

Woof, woof, Readers!
The Lamp Post has some new blog material.

Meet Hazel!


Hazel was the very unexpected,
but happiest addition to our family.

We adopted her through the ANNA Shelter.




Foster Sponsor Volunteer Donate Educate... at least one of these can make a difference... image what two or more can do!

Since we lost our beloved black lab, Josie this summer,
we've missed the presence of a dog in the house.
If you are a pet owner,
you understand the void that is created when they are gone.

Our intention was to look for another lab,
closer to Christmastime.


Instead,
friend Wendy sent us a hot tip on a litter of puppies
that desperately needed home.


Eloise--I know they are hard to see for some reason 
but maybe you should go visit in person @ peach street Petsmart

We chit chatted one night at Perkins about dogs
and I told her I had a name all picked out for our next pet--
Hazel.

We watch the TLC Show Outdaughtered 
and I follow their blog It's a Buzz World.
This couple has the only set of all girl quintuplets in the country,
and another daughter,
so 6 little girls are in the family!


Hazel is the only one with red hair,
and has an eye muscle problem so she wears little round glasses.
She's the cutest one!

Hazel, one of the Busby Quints


I was on the hunt for a Hazel of my own
 and told friend Wendy to keep her eyes open.


Strangely that night,
Sam was teary before bed.
I thought he was just overly emotional from the weekend's
Homecoming festivities.

Image may contain: 10 people, people smiling, people standing

When I asked Sam what was wrong
he said the house felt funny without a dog,
and he missed Josie, but he also missed having a pet.
Ever the numbers guy, 
Sam said,
"We've spent the last 63 days dogless!"

I told Sam that we already knew we'd get a Hazel,
he just had to say a prayer and ask God to find us a Hazel.

The very next day the message came in from Wendy.
The puppies were at Petsmart for a viewing
but we were unable to get there to see them.
I figured they were gone,
but I was wrong.


This is Hazel laying in the very same spot Josie used to.
The afternoon sun comes through the window there.


My family rode out to the farm in Waterford 
where they were being fostered
"to take a look......"

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting, dog and outdoor

Meanwhile,
I was texting from the dentist chair weak protests,
as I was having my first root canal.

Wait!  We aren't ready!
Do we know the parents?
It's not a lab!

Cheers to my long awaited root canal. Said no one....ever!!

I met sweet Hazel while half of my face was swollen and numb,
and Hazel didn't care.
She came home with us that night.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, sitting and dog

We never did get to Petsmart,
but we have hit up the local Pet Supplies Plus.




When we chose Hazel,
we had a difficult time leaving her sister behind,
who was the last of the litter.

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing, dog, shorts and outdoor

Thankfully,
soft hearts run in the family,
and the Sisters have the Sisters.

Meet Opal.

And if you are wondering,
friend Wendy suggested the name.

Image may contain: one or more people, dog, tree, outdoor and nature

Many adventures await these dogs!

If you've ever even had a tug at your heart to adopt a pet,
please, 
please,
please,
check out one of our local shelters.

Ruff, woof, woof, yip!
That's Dog for, Have a great weekend!

Eloise

October is 'Adopt a Shelter Dog Month' - For the Love of the Dog

No comments: