Friday, October 26, 2018

Lesson 560: Kindred Spirits

Good evening, Readers.
Eloise, here.

I'm thinking tonight of the like-minded,
people to whom I'm connected
and have interests and attitudes similar to my own.

We call them kindred spirits.

Kindred spirits ~ Anne of Green Gables-One of my favorite quotes from Anne ...  @Melissa Smith  @Cristi Florence  @SaraLynette Posey

I first heard that term when I read this novel as a child.
It's a lovely book.

Anne of Green Gables  It is absolutely wonderful! Anne is so spunky and full of life. So much to take from the book in living life.

I found many like-minded individuals in my workout group.


We enjoy exercise,
the outdoors,
camaraderie,
 and laughter.

Many people would shy away from an outdoor workout
with looming skies as this,


but for those who showed despite the weather forecast,
were treated to this spectacular display on Tuesday evening.



www.narcissistswife.com/blog

College has been the talk at the Lamp Post as of late.
I cannot think of anything more exciting than the prospect of higher learning.

Ellen will be heading to Edinboro University in the fall of 2019.


Here is Ellen standing near the site of the original Edinboro Normal School--
the Teacher's College my grandmother attended in the early 1920's.
If you love to learn just for the sake of learning,
you are forever my Kindred Spirit.



My other Kindred Spirits love animals.
Hazel,
the newest addition to the Lamp Post,
is a little love, 

Image may contain: 1 person, dog

most of the time.


No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: dog

We take her everywhere we go.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, dog

She loves to ride in the car.



and are socializing her as often as we can with
people,
other dogs, 
and alpacas.



Tom Esterline had a Meet the Alpacas day at his North East farm.
My dream is to have one some day in my petting zoo,


along side my donkey,

Donkeys are very strong and intelligent & can live to over 50 years of age. A donkey is stronger than a horse of the same size. They have an incredible memory: They can recognize areas, and other donkeys, (they were with) even though 25 years may have elapsed!

miniature goats,

Kids galore!  And yeah, goats can be jerks. But that's what makes them so lovable...(said as a non-goat owner).

and tea cup pigs.

piggies

If you are my Kindred Spirit you will come and visit
and help me love them.

Halloween is coming,
and my Kindred Spirits like to have fun.


Sam is me in boy form.


Buddy the Elf went on a South Harborcreek Methodist Church Youth Group hayride.


My Kindred Spirits love Buddy the Elf


from the point of his hat,


right down to his curly green shoes.


My Kindred Spirits love artistic expression!


Ellen did a beautiful job on this graffiti assignment,


although she said that Ellen doesn't quite look like a graffiti kind of name.


My Kindred Spirits love books and coffee!
Here I am sporting my new Common Grounds t-shirt.


Libraries are evolving 
much like the ways of accessing information are.



This is my newest book!
This one is going to be one of his best sellers.



The story line is based off of a real place in North Carolina.

I'm thinking if my sister can go on racecations,

What is a racecation and why you should take one

then I can go on a bookcation.

Who is coming with me
 to see the Kindred Spirit Mailbox on Bird Island?

Photo courtesy North Carolina's Brunswick Islands Like a barbecue joint on a back road, some of the best things in the South are well-kept secrets. On a beach tucked between busy Wilmington, North Carolina, and bustling Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, stands another little-known treasure: a lone mail...

Below is the CBS news report on the mysterious mailbox on the island.


Here is a link to a blog about it--
the video is cool,
and I'd love to walk that beach to find the mailbox.


We'll end with an Anne of Green Gables quote,
for all my Kindred Spirits.

Eloise

what lies around the bend...













No comments: