Friday, June 7, 2019

Lesson 595: ConGRADUATIONs

Congratulations, Graduates!
'Tis the season--
especially at the Lamp Post.


Natalie started us out on Memorial Day weekend.


Sam put the ! on our elementary years at Clark School.


He enters Junior High in the fall.


The evening before his last day,
his class celebrated with their first school dance.


Prior to the dance 
there was a great gender divide.
The boys hung out in the parking lot
waiting for the doors to open,


and the girls under the tree.


The parents made a nice barrier between them
under the awning,
armed with cameras.


Those moments marked the end of the great divide.



They emerged a little more grown up.
Sam busted through the doors 
with a memory book in his right hand
and two bags of candy in his left.
The tie around his head gives Mother Eloise
and indicator that he had fun.

His Dad was his fraternity President in college.
Chip off the old block, I suspect.


Ellen Louise came into full bloom on the evening of June 6th,
which is also my mother's birthday.


She's only 18, 
but take Ellen's advice--
bloom where you are planted.


You never know where you'll wind up,
willing or unwilling.


Make the best of it wherever you are,


and don't forget to thank those along the way.


Ellen spoke about The Little Things in Life.
She did a fantastic job.
She spoke well 
and wrote a speech that connected with the audience.
My only advice to her was:
Don't quote dead people--
and she didn't.


Some inside scoop for those who were actually listening
by the 4th speech of the night:

the hot dog served at the golf course 
was really a Coors Light,
but that story had to be edited for school,
and
Who would win in a fight?
One 500 pound duck or Five Hundred 1 pound ducks?
This will be fully investigated and analyzed over the 
next few weeks.
Eloise will be sure to report back 
to the blogosphere with the results.


So, what's Eloise's crowning achievement?
I successfully completed their scrapbooks!


I purchased simple photo sleeve books from Walmart
when the girls were in 8th grade.
I took a photo of them every week for five years!
Each pocket represented a week of school 
and I added a photo,
a quote,
a ticket stub,
a grade report,
or a memento to every one.

The best part was that I slid a $5 bill 
into every pocket each week for five years.

I helped pack their lunches 
rather than giving them the $5 toward school lunches.

Little by little 
those $5 bills made the books grow fat!

Weekend Homework:
Do the math.
How much did each girl put into the bank today?
Answer is below the snapshot of this doe and fawn
crossing Troupe Road on Wednesday.
I titled this photo:
Follow Mama--She'll Get You There


$1,000.
Each.

Enjoy the video of my little fawns,
set to what I predict to the be the song of Summer 2019--
Ed Sheeran's I Don't Care--acoustic version--
just Ed and his guitar on this one.

Also, I have no idea why the blue bar
DIGITAL CAMERA line appears on this video.
Must have been saved a weird way years ago.
Pretend it's not there.
If it bothers you,
I'll quote Ed, because he's alive:  
I don't care.

Love, Love, Love,
to my three babies
Mother Eloise


No comments: