Friday, July 19, 2019

Lesson 601: Hot Dogs

Hello, Readers!

Welcome to the cool, evening light of the lamp post.


That clip of my front porch glow 
was pretty,
came to be accidentally.

I was photographing the moon earlier this week
when my camera malfunctioned.


The shots came out like this!




maybe it was the moon's own way
of reacting to this nationwide heat!


We got ourselves a hot one!
Ellen and I tried beach yoga at Beach 1 on Monday evening.
Highly recommend!


This evening I went to North East
and floated around with the geese.

It was a great way to keep cool.


These guys sure kept their cool in Section tournament play.
Even if you don't know me personally,
I bet you can pick out my son from this photo.
It's tough for naturally smiley people
to put on a mean face.


The team claimed their second banner this year 


and are headed to PA State Tournament play
 this weekend.

EVERYONE THIS WEEKEND.
WE'VE GOT A
TOURNAMENT.

It's really not all that bad, Readers.
Whenever we play I make an effort
to look at something besides the ball diamond.
My camera offers me that balance
that I need to feel complete.

Brockway had lots of neat things to see.
Eloise loves small towns.


Church signs are always a favorite,


as well as big, old homes,
with creaky floors
and wide porches for sitting.


Hazel didn't know what to make of the bushes
landscaped as dogs.


If our destination has livestock nearby
Eloise is extra happy.



Life is all about balance,
and sometimes a cow can do that for a person.

We even caught up with some old friends!



Gaining wit and wisdom from the
Mom Squad is always time well spent.


Our team plays at 4:30 on Sunday 
in Camp Hill, PA
right outside of Harrisburg.
With heat indexes of 100 plus,
our Huskies are going to be some hot dogs!


How's my hot dog keeping his cool
in the days prior to the tournament?



Writing out his bracket predictions.
He has Harborcreek going all the way!


Confidence and positive thinking
have never been issues for him.
I guess he gets that from his momma.


Here is the boys' pep rally video,
set to one of my favorite collaborations 
of Ed Sheeran on his new album No. 6 Collaborations.

Check it out!

Play ball boys!
This is a weekend it's good to be hot.

Eloise
X0X0


No comments: