Sunday, June 21, 2020

Lesson 650: A Blogger's Dilemma

It's Sunday night
and this blogger is in a dilemma.
Do you read blogs on Sunday nights?
Should I just hold onto my thoughts
and photos
until next week?
Eloise had a tech glitch on Friday 
and was unable to post.



I find myself in many dilemmas,
as of late.


Maybe the steady stream of news
followed by the flood of people's opinions 
has left me wavering.


The green fingers are pointing forward
for Erie to move into Pennsylvania's color coded reopening phase
with fewer restrictions.
Eloise will glad step forward,
but how big of a step
remains to be seen.


The colors are so beautiful in June.
June,
hands down,
is the best month of the year.



Speaking of color,
and I'm probably going to catch hell for this,
but.....


When I do have the chance to talk with people,
I feel like I have to work harder at a conversation.
I want to avoid the tough topics,
and just enjoy some comfortable conversation--
but about what?

That's why I stick to squirrels.

\

We got a Cricut 
so that is a good conversation starter.
Ellen Louise is going to town
and we only had it two days!
What project should be next?




We've been spending lots of time in the great outdoors,


because of our new claim in Forest County.

 

My kids love it there.


Especially Mickey.
He's been Natalie's constant companion
for a couple of months.



Our biggest dilemma is choosing the color.
Yes, those are all paint samples
and misses.


I told the locals if anyone inquired as to why the front looked like that,
I told them to say it was modern art,
and we were thinking of striping the place.


I need a back-up hobby 
in case we get kicked out of the forest.
so I got one of these!

Have you seen the Been There, Done That posters?


WAIT A MINUTE....
is that my hairbrush?


HAZEL!
Just two tooth marks before I rescued it.


The Been There Done That posters


are called Lifelogues,
the world's most interactive posters.
They are one part journal,
one part bucket list,
and one part wall art.


If you travel, 
you can get ones for cities you can visit.
If you love movies,
mark the movies you watch.
There are lots of them.


They look like this,
sort of--
mine is not framed yet.

I chose the one with 100 Young Adult Novels
because I love books
and the people I talk about them the most with
are my students.

I counted,
and I have read 20 of the 100,
check my math,
but that leaves me 80 new books
that some committee thought should make the poster.
I can't wait to argue with them.

You scratch off the novels as you read them,
and can rank them.



I can be the Simon Cowell of Young Adult Novel reading.



I'll show you more next week
after I have it all set up.

My biggest dilemma is deciding what,
if any photos to post of people.
I love candid shots,
and usually in any gathering
have my zoom trained on someone's face
waiting for that one special moment.

People catch my moments

Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting and outdoor

and call me a good photographer.

Image may contain: one or more people, ocean, water and outdoor

I'm nothing of the sort.
I'm just someone waiting in the wings 
with my finger on the button.
Image may contain: 4 people, people playing sports and basketball court

 We are living in a very sensitive time
and it shows on people's faces.
In the last few months,
there have been very few times I've been 
places with people to photograph.

This past weekend,
these two cuties 
sharing a summertime joy of blowing bubbles
really made me feel the vibe,
and miss the way things were.





I hope all the Fathers out there enjoyed their day.
If you want something to really make you feel good,
check out this episode of SGN--
the Some Good News Network by John Krasinski

Start at 10:30 if you need an expedited version--
the ZOOM wedding,
Zac Brown's new song,
and the Office cast reunited!



Here is just the lyric video
to the song that's been on repeat since I've heard it.


Love you, Dad.

Image may contain: 3 people, including Eloise Hawking and Karen Overdorff Groshek

Happy Father's Day, Mr. Eloise.

Image may contain: 2 people, including Lou LaFuria, people sitting, shoes and outdoor

Image may contain: Lou LaFuria and Eloise Hawking

Image may contain: Lou LaFuria and Eloise Hawking

See you next Friday.
I pinky swear.

Eloise


No comments: