Friday, June 26, 2020

Lesson 651: The Cabin of Many Colors

Hello, Readers.
Eloise, here,
with your weekend update.


There has been a couple of
famous coats of many colors.

Joseph's,



and Dolly's are the most well known.



You can even buy a replica of Dolly's
on Etsy.

Custom made Dolly Parton's Coat of Many Colors Replica | Etsy

But there have only been a rare few
cabins of many colors.


We still haven't decided on a color,
but have narrowed it down to two
for the main part.


The color on the longer strips 
above and below the window
on the left side is Ember.
The one on the right is Cedar.
Homework:  Cast your vote in the facebook comments.

Personally I like the warmth of Ember,
but worry it's too orangey.

The Cedar to the right is the closest to the original color,
but it reminds me of the color of
baby diarrhea.

The army green is Roycroft Brass 
and the sandy color is Desert Wood 
and are both under consideration for trim colors.

Eloise wants a retirement job
of naming paint shades.


We are all learning lots 
as we strip the cabin down and 
build it back up.

I learned how to put in floors
and build bed frames this week.


Hubby named the cabin officially,
because of the beautiful creek view
and homage to our hometown
of Harborcreek.


When you come visit
you can sign the guest book.


It has a floppy leather cover 
that reminds me of Hazel's ears.


You won't be the first to sign,
but surely won't be the last.
I'm chasing down Alex and Buddy
who helped with the plumbing.
I forgot to have you sign!
Rookie mistake.


Before we leave the forest
the guys always get a sip of spring water.




From the looks of that pipe,
I think the best choice is the diarrhea color.

We've taken many early morning treks
to the National Forest over the last month.





It was a foggy ride early this morning.


I was happy to ride shotgun
and sip my coffee,
camera in hand,
and soak in the colors of nature.




I whine to stop for photos many times on the way down.
If we stopped every time I asked,
it would be a six hour trip.


This morning I DEMANDED
that Hubby stop the vehicle immediately,
certain that I had found an albino deer.


Dang it Dave's Archery.
You have to move that thing away 
from my line of sight.


Today on my walk I focused on finding webs.





What I colorful walk I had today.


This little girl joined me for part of it.
What a blessing!


Baseball isn't having 
what you'd call a colorful season.

Image may contain: 1 person, closeup

The fields are a bit lonely,
but the scenes are still beautiful.

Image may contain: cloud, sky, tree, outdoor and nature

Sam is learning to fish!



I wonder what the bird's eye view of the fishing hole
is like


when Sam hooks one


and I'm screaming at him to throw it back,
that he has friends and family
and is probably a teacher in the school.


I'm sure there will be plenty of colorful stories


coming from the cabin in the years to come.


I found this written on a post 
in the sleeping loft we were working on this week.
I hope Andrea and Val see this blog!


Stories are so wonderful,
especially this one!
A friend recommended it to me last week.


I'm a sucker for a good cover
and the black lab sealed the deal
before I even opened the book.
Well, 
were in 2020,
so for this one,
I swiped the Kindle 
if you want to get picky about it.


It's about a little girl named Elsa.
She is very close to her zany grandmother
who lives next door to her.
Eloise can kind of relate.

Granny loves treasure hunts,
and she makes one last one for Elsa.


If the cover and sneak peeks don't hook you,
then maybe the chapter titles will.
I love a book with good chapter titles.





Tobacco,
Coffee,
and  Beer.
Wait.....
Did I write this book about Grandma?


Be safe in your own adventures this week.
Take care of yourselves,
and in doing so,
we take care of others.
Wash your hands 
and I'll see you next week.

Eloise

No comments: