Friday, January 15, 2021

Lesson 680: Second Language

 Jo estet olvasok!

In case you were wondering,

that's good evening in Hungarian.

The evening is cold here in Erie, PA

hideg.

A few of the sunrises this week were glorious

dicsoseges napkelte


The sun and the moon had a few minutes to speak,


each going her separate way


before they meet again.


Moon
hold


Nature is my second language.
I love all things outdoors,
even in Erie January.


Erik and I patrol the northern border every weekend.
No Canadians invading.






Erie has proven there is beauty in the bleak.
Such peace in the dormancy.


When I return home from the great outdoors,
my second language becomes Dog.




So much for the winter tree.

The long haul of winter for Erieites begins now.
The holiday fun is over.
Normally we really look forward to basketball,
but it's a lackluster season filled with rules and worry.

I filled the Lamp Post with warmth



hoping for a cozy feel.



If you sent me a Christmas card,
they are still up,
and I look at them daily.


My January joy returned to the countertop.
I bought it in 2001
and never found the right sized photo to fit.


For twelve years Ellen thought it was her.
I don't remember that snowsuit....
Trickery!
trukk


These bring warmth to my home, too.
So hot they made the pages of Taste of Home magazine
and enough to not post the photo correctly.


My second language will always be learning.
I love to learn things and share what I learn with others.


No better time like a pandemic to learn something new.
I'll be starting study to earn my next teaching certificate--
English as a Second Language!

I'm very excited to help others learn this crazy language.

No sooner did I share the news with my parents,
did they resurrect a family scrapbook.
My parents are one part historians
and one part museum cureators.


They found this 1957 newspaper article.


featuring none other than Grandma O.



She was a teacher, too!

How cool!
Milyen klassz!


Enjoy the weekend, Readers.
Eloise


















No comments: