Saturday, October 16, 2021

Lesson 718: Let Life Surprise You

Hello, Readers
and
Hello, Weekend.
It's only Friday night
but it's already full of surprises.


I guess we could say we are surprised 
the leaves are actually turning brown this year.
The calendar tells the Erieites its fall,
but it doesn't feel like it.


Temperatures were hovering near 80 this week.


And we are usually fighting about when to turn on the heat.
Around these parts,
old timers won't touch the thermostat
 until November 1st.


We sat at a game in Conneaut in shirtsleeves tonight.


Slam, Truck, and
QB Heath YouBetza 
squashed CASH's hopes for a 
gridiron win.


There was no squashing of Conneaut's school spirit, however.
Their cheering section was fun to watch.


And they had a pretty cool mascot--
tonight though,
he was an angry bird.


I was surprised to find these delicious coffees at Aldi's this week.


It should come as no surprise the skies reflect the seasonal changes 
on the way.


On the school front,
I was surprisingly pleased with Sam's grades.
Freshman year is difficult,
and he's off to a great start.
With these earned marks in math and phys ed,
it has led me to believe he could not possibly be my child.


Our Advanced Technologies Group 
made our first radio contacts this week!


School makes me think of books.


I was pleasantly surprised with this box service.


It's worth checking out if you love to read.


Join me and the millions of other people
who love an easy escape.


I found a coupon somewhere for a free first month.
If I remembered where, I'd share it.

Eloise doesn't have a mind much for details,
hence, why I am not a pharmacist.
Eloise has a mind for stories.
These are the stories I picked.



Hubby isn't much for books,
but he is much for gift cards--
and he won many of them!
His ticket was pulled for the grand prize gift card tree
from the North East marching band!


If you noticed the wall behind hubby,
we are making some changes to the kitchen.
It should come as no surprise that I've been slowly taking down
the decorations and all of the wallpaper,
and I still can't decide what to do with the space.
Unfinished projects never bother me.
Aren't all people merely works in progress?

Nephew Jack surprised us with a visit to see Sam off to his 
first Homecoming dance.


The Lamp Post hosted a pre-dance picture party.



I chuckled at the differences
in my parents' three grandsons.



The biggest surprise of the weekend arrived in the mail today.


Eloise is known for her trademark rings


It just so happened I had a space on my right hand pointer
for this new beauty.
It has five engraved flowers,
one for each of my bunch.


Hazel thinks this surprise gift from long time friend Vicky
was simply perfect.
I'll send her a proper thank you this weekend,
but for now,
a little blog recognition for such a thoughtful  surprise
will suffice for tonight.
It is simply perfect.


Eloise












 

No comments: