Friday, September 9, 2022

Lesson 765: Queen

 Your reigning Queen of Friday night blog posts

has declared the weekend to begin!


                                                    This period of transition between summer and fall                

                                                         is one of my favorite times of the year.

The weather is still warm,

but the gorgeous mornings 

are  chilly and wet with dew.



And the evenings are just perfect for moon gazing.



The moon over the vineyard Thursday night was spectacular.


As an American in modern day,
following the Royals is interesting.

I am glad Queen Elizabeth had such a long reign.
Her people will miss her.
She had a remarkable life.


How I will miss seeing her appear in her bright colors!



Those matching hats and coats!


This rainbow was remarkable,
making all of England smile.


For your World History homework,
because now that school is in session
I can assign it again--

Listen to the New York Times podcast The Daily-
the post from today:
How Queen Elizabeth saved the Monarchy.
Link is below




As much as I marveled at Royal life,
I always wondered with it would be like to
bear such a responsibility.

I am a Prince Harry fan
and support him completely for having the courage 
to step away.

My favorite photos of the Queen
are the ones of her younger,
enjoying her corgis.
She must have been a good person--
the Queen loved dogs.


I had to laugh at this clever funny
I saw today:


It's game night at the Lamp Post.
Here is nose guard Slam getting pumped up pre-game.


The Huskies are looking for a win tonight out in Conneaut.


Our reigning Queen is looking to slay a beast this weekend.



This is one of our favorite Beast on the Bays
from a few years back.
We took a break during Covid
and went to visit Jack in Washington, D.C.
last year.


We looked for some Allegheny mountain beasts last weekend.


We took an early morning hike up a mountain to the top.



We found a fresh pile of bear doo doo
so Eloise skedaddled out of there.


I went back to the safety of the cabin porch 
to work on my new pastime.


Newbie mistake.
I poked my finger with the needle
and bled all over my work.


I'm just getting beginner kits from Walmart
to build my skills for a bigger goal.

I've been learning how to embroider flowers.


I want to recreate a modern version of a family heirloom
that hangs in my parents' house.
It's a map of the United States
and in each state is an embroidered
state flower.

Speaking of flowers,
I've been learning about the ones
best suited for my bee and butterfly garden.


Ellen went to the Flower Festival
at Port Farms this afternoon




with her college roommate Kaley.




The bees and butterflies help our crops.


In my search of all things garden.
I came across this cross section of a tomato.
Fascinating.


So many of the foods we eat
look like the body part they support.

Look at the carrots and the eye.


Think about walnuts and the brain.


Here is your weekend homework.
Bonus if you add each one into your diet

We don't have a Queen at the Lamp Post,
but maybe a little princess!

Our midweek gender reveal 
announced the gender and name
of a little kitty who wandered its way
onto my parents' back porch.


It's a girl!
Meet Dot.


We believe our new white cat Charlie,
just about a year old himself,
brought this one home from the wilds
after a night of carousing.


The poor lost kitten had a wound on the top of its head
and Charlie cares for it,
just as a big brother should.


And Dot strangely likes my Dad.


I hope you find your vibe this weekend
and go do that thing.

Yours truly,
Eloise







No comments: