Friday, September 2, 2022

Lesson 764: Why

Good evening, Readers.

Eloise has been spending the week 

thinking about the Whys in my life.

My colleagues and I were asked by our Clark School Principal

to revisit our Whys--as to why we teach.

Each teacher created his/her own poster,

and they are displayed in the school hallway.

I'll let you take a guess as to which one is mine.

Hint:  I don't like sharp edges or straight lines.

Scroll to the bottom of the blog to find out if you were correct!


Our principal also shared this video 
about how output can change
when you know your why,
or know your purpose.

Know Your Why CLICK HERE

I've been surrounded by whys this week.

Why haven't I thrown out my Anniversary sunflowers?

Because I want to save the seeds for my Monarch Waystation, of course.


Why would I put in a garden
when so many friends and neighbors share their bounty with me?


Why do my dogs forget all about me when Ellen
comes home from college?



Why have we had such beautiful football weather?



Why do we bring First Day of School
Little Debbie treats
to our children?
It's tradition, that's why!


Those questions are easy to answer,
because answers can be found.
Sometimes the Why questions just don't have an answer.

Why did my friend leave this world too soon?
We will never know the answer to that question.
I do know hearts are grieving all over our community
for our dear friend Johnni.


This is one of my favorites of her children
who are much older than this now.
She was a wonderful wife and mother.

I noticed on her facebook page she still had this as her profile photo:


It was a photo of a t-shirt design for a friend
who also succumbed to this dreadful disease.
Johnni was an avid reader of this blog
and she always found the just right gifts to 
pass along to me.
This is one of my favorite artworks 
that hangs in my Lamp Post writing station.


She read this blog faithfully,
and I wanted to make sure she got a mention
so my readership could be reminded 
to live by her example.

Johnni would want us all to 
enjoy life and keep on living,
so I will do just that by sharing a few more 
photos before I close.

We checked out the tall ships last weekend
at Erie's Tall Ships Festival.

Why would anyone want to climb those masts?


One of the best views was from the Sheraton Sky Walk!



Why did I birth three children
who each walked past my Book of the Month 
box and didn't peek inside to see what I selected?


Why don't they get as excited about books as I do?
That's fine.
I'll just tell them about 
The Golden Couple.
I hear its good.


Speaking of golden--
check out this golden trophy
designed and 3-D printed by someone who I won't 
specifically mention by name,
but is an engineering student at Behrend.


Why not mention the name?
The trophy was designed in a certain way
to resemble something else from the back...


Baby Piper is aghast.
Johnni would surely think it was funny though.
Rest in peace,
dear Johnni.
This is one Why I'll never find.

Eloise
See if you found my Why!
Start at the top left and count over three places,
then count down three  places
so over three-down three--
my favorite number.
The answer to my teaching question
Why do you teach?
My answer was:  I am a born teacher. 








No comments: