Friday, May 12, 2023

Lesson 793: Smells like June

 Hello, Readers.

My dog Penny and I have something in common.

We have very keen noses.


It smells like June!


I'm still taking photos from the school parking lot 
on the hill


The calendar turn is still a few weeks away.


Maybe it's because of the early bloom this year.
but I smelled THAT smell.

It smelled like summer!

It feels like summer with Ellen Louise home from college.


Ellen Louise and her tribe of speech therapy puppets,
that is.


I don't have too many photos for you this week.
My beloved Canon SX60 died this morning.
She's been a faithful friend for many years,
forgiving me for her endless clunks and drops.


Her replacement is already on its way:


I'm already dreaming of the fun we will have this summer.
Probably because it smells like June.

I knew our time together was limited.
This was as clear of a shot I could get yesterday.



I think she knew she gave all she could give and her time expired.
One of the last shots she took was of Sam on first
and his rival Jake Manendo.


Jake's brother Luke was there with his camera.
I think she felt inferior and knew it was time
to close the shutter for good.


Thank goodness for phone cameras!

They fill in nicely for Teacher Appreciation Week flowers
It smells like June.


Dot says it's time to turn it in for the night.
Who is going to argue with a cat with eyes like that?


Have a great weekend, Readers!

Reminder--
Open invitation for book lovers,
conversation lovers,
and trivia lovers:

Big Barn Book Club
Saturday, May 20th,
6:00-8:00
 @ the Lamp Post!

Eloise










No comments: