Friday, December 22, 2023

Lesson 825: Greetings


Eloise extends her holiday greetings to you, Readers!

Happy Holidays,

but more specifically,

Merry Christmas!

This is how the sun greeted us this morning.



I've been working on my holiday greeting cards.
Some I sent twice.
Some I forgot because I lost my list.
Some are upside down in the envelope.
Some are addressed upside down.
And if you are really lucky to receive one
with an odd smudge--
my pen leaked and I was out of envelopes.

Grandma did a much better job.
Hers arrive with cute stickers 


and matching envelopes.


She picks a special card (or two)
for each of us,
even the dogs!


Did I mention she mails them--
and lives next door!



Grandma says its fun to find a holiday greeting in your mailbox,
and she's right!

Here's a holiday greeting in my listening in-box.



The holiday extravaganza from the 
Stuff You Should Know podcast was published today.
It's a great listen while you are running around on errands
or wrapping those last gifts.
It has a nice history of Christmas greeting cards
that I found quite interesting.



The High School Advanced Technologies Group,
made famous last week by contacting an astronaut
on the International Space Station,
brought their equipment to the elementary schools.
They radioed the North Pole
and got to talk to Santa and Mrs. Claus.








Santa and Mrs. Claus told all the children they were on the Nice List.
However,
Santa did issue a stern greeting to 
Clark School's elf named Rosie!

She's been spilling cereal,


sleeping under the Christmas tree,


and fishing in the school's fish tank!


I'm closing this blog tonight 
with a greeting from the balcony of the Warner Theater.
We spent the evening with Grace Church
celebrating the birth of Jesus.


Merry Christmas from Me and Mine
to
You and Yours!

Eloise
















No comments: