Friday, March 1, 2024

Lesson 836: A Life Closely Observed

 Hello, Readers!

We have flipped the calendar page to March.

The Clark School tree 

has no leaves,

and still no snow at its base.

The tree was less interesting

this week,

but take a look at the lake.



It's fun to observe the changes in nature
throughout the course of time.
We've learned the study of that is called
Phenology.

The nature observances this year 
are particularly eerie,


even for Erie.

We've traded our parkas
for spring jackets and fishing poles.


At least the ice sculptures 
made it feel like winter.


Natalie and Erik made it to Perry Square
before the ice throne melted.


Observing the world through my lens
as closely as I do,
I know we have had other Februarys
that were warm.

I have photo proof of my observances.

In February of 2017 
it was 
77 degrees and Erie broke a record.

I went for a run in shorts


The sap ran, too!


Louie made the most excellent syrup that year.


Most Februarys though,
I was sporting warm, winter hats.


In my trek backwards through time
to find those photos,
I observed my own evolution.

Tonight,
in honor of my 53 birthday this weekend,
we'll watch the carvings of time
etched into my eyes,
my smile,
my hands,
erase.


Let's have a backwards walk 
through out 14 years of Friday nights together
at The Lamp Post.

We'll see how I looked 
when sharing the lessons of I learned 
on the given week,
 in the first days of March.

2024


2023


2022

2021


2020


2019


2018


2017


2016


2015


2014


2013


2012


2010 and 2011--
My blog debuted in the fall of 2010,
and I didn't begin including photos of myself consistently
until 2012.

Enjoy your weekend,
Eloise








No comments: