Friday, July 31, 2026

Lesson 963: Williamsport

 Hello, Readers!

The Lamp Posters returned home

from the American Legion Baseball State Tournament

in Williamsport, PA.

It is home to the Little League World Series.






This team of guys was really fun to watch.



The field was in a gorgeous setting.



The mascot for the Williamsport Area High School is a Millionaire.
Given it's proximity to the Susquehanna
and river shipping of lumber,
there was a great concentration of wealth
a century ago.

It took us awhile to figure out the logo.
That's a top hat,
white gloves,
and a rose.


We lost the first game--
a close one to the team 
who eventually won the tournament--Pittston.

We had a win for the second game
which was has landed in my top 3 of all time games.



Sam hit well,


pitched well,


and had a blast.


The game that sent us packing
was the third game.

Louie watched from the hilltop in the outfield.


I walked up and down the hill to burn off stress
and took pics of wildflowers between innings.


We enjoyed the area so much
we would love to go back.
If you have dogs,
we found the best Vrbo!




Sam never got to eat at Pier 87.
Look up the restaurant if you ever are in Williamsport.
It's right along a creek.





Home Sweet Home
means Home Gutted Home
at the end of every July.

The annual Lamp Post resort has begun
and there are bins and boxes everywhere!
I rearranged all my bedroom furniture today
and I'm feeling it,
so I'm headed to bed soon.

Not before I give you your weekend homework, however.
Last week I told you about Natalie's 
Happy Mail project.
It seems she's not alone.
Snail Mail is trending!
If you watch the segment below
and read The Mailman,
you will want to bust out a pen and paper yourself!


Goodnight, Readers.
Eloise









No comments: