Friday, March 9, 2012

Lesson 131: Myrna's Greedy


Myrna's greedy if you ask me.  That is one thing I can't stand--a greedy person.  I don't like a snob much either, but a person with an insatiable desire for stuff really annoys me.  You know the type---the ones who put stuff before people.  So if you read the first blog post, please know that I am NOT the material girl that Madonna sings of.  I am far from that.  I'm just never sure how my sarcasm comes through on the blog world, so I felt the need for a follow up.

I don't know if I'm just a less is more kinda girl by nature or if I was shaped from my upbringing.  I was caught in between my father's conservatism (you don't need a telephone with a cord longer than two feet) and my mother's life is short attitude (Oh, let the moths out of your wallet, Richard, and have a little fun).  If you were a child in the 1970's like me, you were shaped by the Electric Company.  This is one of my favorites.  Thanks to my boss Brenda for reminding me of it and finding it for me.

I like what I like and try to take care of what I have, but if you want something that you saw on my blog movie, then come and get it.  I'll give it to you if you really want it.  Learn from Myrna:  Give a little or your floor may cave in.

 Myrna had a nice plant.  Here's Eloise's plant.  I know.  I hang on to things forever.  My family has tried to throw this away three times now and there is still one petal remaining.

 "So what?  Are you going to snuff my life out when I am old and withered," I say to them.  And there it sits, remembering the day when I brought it home three months ago.
She looked like this in all her splendor in November.  Glad I took a picture.








This isn't my lamp.  It's my dad's.  Dad's lamp.  I got it for him for Christmas (and that snazzy ear-flap Steelers hat).  It's the leg lamp from A Christmas Story.  I am sure my mother will be glad that I volunteered you all to come and take it away if you really want it.



Eloise's dog.  My Josie.  Sorry.  Not parting with her.  That's one thing I won't let you come get.






I'll leave you with this thought for the weekend.

Love,
The Management

No comments: