Friday, March 25, 2016

Lesson 410: Another Good Friday

It's another Good Friday, Readers.
Welcome to the Lamp Post
for your Good Friday edition.



Good Friday is a day when Christians commemorate the crucifixion of Jesus.
I found this news piece from NBC today--
lots of photos of Good Friday around the world.
Check it out.


I love art,
particularly religious art.
Here are some of my recent favorite depictions of Jesus.

JESUS SAID THIS OF HMSELF-      "THIS IS THE WORK OF GOD, THAT YOU BELIEVE IN HIM WHOM HE HAS SENT"   JOHN 6:29:


this child prodigy has painted the most beautiful portrait of Jesus I have ever seen. It astounds me!:

I saw the artist paint this live at Women of Faith 2012. It is stunning:

I love this artist's rendering of Jesus Christ. So precious. Love seems to radiate from the picture.:

Beautiful Companion 아름다운 동행2015 oil on canvas 53×53 cm:

 I love Pope Francis.




He is so accessible to the people,

Catholics are pro-life because we are pro-unconditional love: no child is a mistake, and every child is truly wanted. That child may show up when least expected, but the fact is that we did hope for them to show up at all. It's just that God had different ideas than we did as to when.:

and uses his gift of language so well.

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. - Isaiah 41:10  (+):


New Year's resolution of Pope Francis:


Pope Francis holds a dove before his Wednesday general audience at Saint Peter's Square:

I love Pastor Charles Stanley of the First Baptist Church in Atlanta, Georgia.
He has a televised program at 8:30 on Sunday mornings that I enjoy.

I love Charles Stanley and In Touch Ministries. Dr. Stanley's 30 Life Principles series is sell-worth listening to.:

You can also find his words and sermons at InTouchMinistries.com

"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on the object we're waiting for." ~ Charles Stanley #patience:

Charles Stanley is an avid photographer.
You can follow him on Instagram.

From Dr. Stanley's 2013 trip to Africa. Like this? Follow Dr. Stanley's photography account on Instagram: instagram.com/charlesstanleyphoto:

I love my church,
South Harborcreek United Methodist.


We have a facebook page, too.


Look it up and you'll find Pastor Keith McGarvey sharing words like this:


This Good Friday was especially Hoppy this year.


We celebrated Sam's birthday!
Sam turns 9 years old on Easter Sunday!


 And to round out this Good post,
some Good news:

Natalie took the world by storm and issued a Prom-posal.
She sent her friend Ryan a texted invitation.


Ryan responded.


Natalie was happy.
We know this because her Happy Person had lots of arms and legs.
The happier Natalie is,
the more appendages Happy Person gets.



It's Friday but Sunday's Coming:

See you on Sunday with some Easter and birthday wishes from the Lamp Post.

ELOISE


No comments: