Friday, April 14, 2017

Lesson 474: Happy Endings

It's Good Friday, Readers 
and a good Friday night to spend with you.


I'm glad to be able to share some photos on this blog tonight.
I lost my camera last weekend.
After my return from a ball tournament trip to Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio,
I discovered my camera was missing.

Nothing quite sets the house into a tizzy as when my camera is misplaced.
As the seconds turned into minutes,
my blood pressure began to rise at the thought of it being gone forever.
The scene looked a little something like this:

Hubby quietly looked up Ohio phone numbers.
Ellen Louise systematically searched the house, feet moving, head down with intention.
Natalie followed me around the house in a fast clip,
repeating the phrases, 
"Where's my camera?"  
"No camera."
"Camera is lost!"

“There are no happy endings. Endings are the saddest part. So just give me a happy middle and a very happy start.” ~Shel Silverstein:

Oddly, Sam was nowhere to be found.


I figured he was hiding.
He sometimes takes a sneak when he senses an emotional explosion.
Come to find out he was doing this:



He was looking up cameras on the Internet,
and found a Sony that was close to his price range.
You'll see his math in the top right corner.
The $161 is the money he has saved from his birthday
and the tooth fairy.  
Birthdays are only once a year 
and my boy's got one molar left to lose,
so money for Sam is carefully guarded.
Melted my heart that he'd be willing to give it all to me,
leaving me with only $86 to cover.

But, as in all good stories,
this ends happily.

Autumn, and employee from the Cuyahoga Falls McDonald's, 
brought a rainbow to my cloudy day.
She found my camera and locked it in the safe 
until a teammom could come for it.

Thank you for your honesty, Autumn.
It is greatly appreciated.



I mentally retraced my steps and discovered my mistake.
We made a stop at McDonald's for ice cream treats to celebrate
Sam's win,


It was a cool McDonald's.
The pillars that separated the dining area from the counter
were clear and filled with sports equipment.
I took this snapshot of Sam,
then set my camera down and took another with my phone.





Honest mistake.
Busy brain.
And, the best part,
it all worked out, as most things do.

Natalie has missed her friend Ryan most of the winter.
He is currently living in Ohio,
but it just so happens that he's only about a half an hour away
from a two-tournament town in Ohio!



#lovequotes #matchmaker #matchmadeinheaven #loveyourself #respectyourself:

Ellen Louise and her team have come out a-swingin'
this week.
I won't mention the score,
to extend some mercy to Mercer.
It looked more like a football score.
Wow!


Inspirational Quote about Life and New Beginnings - Visit us at InspirationalQuotesMagazine.com for the best inspirational quotes!:



It warmed my heart to see the initials of my dear friend Sue,
who passed away from ovarian cancer,
embroidered on the Lady Huskie ball bows.
Definitely a happy ending to those braids and pony tails.


Hubby had a happy ending to his fishing morning.



Today, Christians participated in Good Friday services,
remembering the crucifixion of Jesus.
My nephew Jack got to do that in Italy!
Sam, my softie,
is still having a hard time dealing with the fact 
that Jack won't be with us for Easter.

Image may contain: 1 person, standing and indoor


There Has Never Been an Easter Sunday without a Good Friday First.. www.christiancounselingjustinbangert.blogspot.com Justin Bangert, MS, LMFT:

The earth's happiest ending turned into a new beginning for all of us.

Its Good Friday but Easter Sunday is coming:

In honor of this special day,
here is a video of new beginning photos--
what spring looks like from my lens at the Lamp Post.



It is set to one of my favorites by Christian artist Chris Tomlin-
I Will Rise.

Amen.
Eloise

No comments: