Saturday, July 1, 2017

Lesson 486: The Caregiver


Happy Friday, Readers!


I'm sure many of you are going to enjoy a long weekend
to celebrate the Fourth of July!


Eloise is looking forward to it.
It's been a long week--
even for a teacher in the summertime.

So long, in fact,
that I think I want to run away to Eloise Drive in Canton, Ohio.
Nice find, Ryan!

Image may contain: sky, cloud, tree, outdoor and nature

It was a long and tiring week because I found myself
giving lots and lots of care to my loved ones.

I'm naturally a caring person, 
therefore my work didn't feel like a job,
but I did feel more fulfilled when I realized "caregiver"
had a real, dictionary definition:

care·giv·er
ˈkerˌɡivər/
noun
NORTH AMERICAN
  1. a family member or paid helper who regularly looks after a child or a sick, elderly, or disabled person.

Love isn't what you say


My daughter had her wisdom teeth taken out and needed some extra attention.
Everything went as good as it could have,
so thank all of you for your kindness and prayers.

We change the world when we simply meet the needs of another. #caregiver

My nephew Erik needed some extra patience this week
as he was having a few of his not-so-good days.

Are YOU ready to make a difference?

My hubby hurt his back quite badly
and has been down for the count,
unable to meet most of his basic needs without help.


Thanks to the loving hands of our faithful chiropractors,
and one in particular who made two house calls this week--





hubby is starting to move around a wee bit tonight,
up and around the massage table that is now set up
in the Lamp Post living room.
Thank you, Leslie.
You truly do have hands of magic.



"There are only four kinds of people in the world - Those who have been caregivers,  Those who are currently caregivers,  Those who will be caregivers,  And those who will need caregivers." Rosalyn Carter

So tonight brings me to my weekly review
a bit bedraggled,
and too tired for words.
Caregivers are known for experiencing periods of 
extreme fatigue and burnout.
That's me this evening.

Good thing I take a few photos,
because I'll let the pictures do the talking tonight.


















Part of my job as the Harbor Creek School District's Gifted Teacher
is to teach the tough topics,
and once in awhile, I touch on the tough stuff on this blog.
Last week we had a refresher on bullying
and I promised a quiz.
Can you fill in the blanks?
Answers appear below.

  1. When someone says or does something unintentionally hurtful, and they do it once, that is _________________.
      2.  When someone says or does something intentionally hurtful, and they do it once, that is                      ______________________.

      3.  When someone says or does something intentionally hurtful, and they keep doing it after you              have asked them to stop or show them that you are upset, that is _____________________.


For those who really, really care--
to the caregivers and the caring
watch this for your lesson of the week.
Lady Gaga's words on hate are, simply put,
brilliant.

XOXO,
ELOISE

1.  Rude
2.  Mean
3.  Bullying

No comments: