Saturday, September 9, 2017

Lesson 498: Obstacles

Hello, Readers!
Eloise and her team of Super Friends
beat the Beast on the Bay this year.



Here I am at the end of the race,
showing off my finisher medal.
I now have a collection of 5 finisher medals/bottle openers!
(Very useful, Barber National Institute!  Thank you!)

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

People questioned me as to whether I really did the event or not,
because my hair looked like this after I got my medal at the end of the race.

So, to answer your probing questions:
Yes, this is just my hair.

Here I am at 9:00 in the morning.

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, people standing

I leave it down for the most part,
and pull it up when it's time to exercise--
here's the proof.

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people standing and outdoor

I leave it down a lot of the time for a couple of reasons:

#1--because it is like a blanket and keeps me warm, 
and I'm always cold
(cold hands, warm heart, so they say...)

#2--My hair is heavy and my hair bands give me a headache after too long

So, I guess you could say, there only two things in my life
that are not struggles for me. 
My hair is one of them.
I get up and comb it 
and touch it up 
and it pretty much stays like this all day.
It's not spectacular.
It's not bad.
It's somewhere in between.
It is what it is
and I'm content with that.


The other is writing.
I can just sit down and write.
I don't know why I can,
but I just can.
My writing is not spectacular.
It's not bad.
It's somewhere in between.
It is what it is
and I'm content with that, too.


Everything else?

Well, the rest of my life
is just one obstacle after another.

I have to tiptoe around certain people,
not to tick them off.


I wade into murky waters--


often leading into one big pile of $h!t!


My life is just a balancing act.



I have fears of getting lost in unknown places.


I belly crawl beneath the barbed wire of finances--
one false move and you can get really caught up.


I'm often left hanging,
not knowing what to do next.


I hate being left alone, in the dark.


Raising a family?
That sure can be a heavy burden to carry.


Raise a child with special needs,
and it is a slow, uphill climb.



I certainly have dug myself holes so deep,


I never thought I'd see the light of day again.


My life is a lot like the Beast on the Bay.
Full of obstacles.


There were 30 obstacles 
we encountered on the course today.


That got Eloise a-thinking.

I started to list my own personal obstacles.

Here are a few:
time,
age,
health,
athleticism,
money,
relationships...

Could I think of 30?

Better yet,
could WE think of 30?

Reader Participation Requested:
Post in the comment section below my facebook link to this blog,
or private message or text me the response to this question--

What is the biggest obstacle you face in your life?

I'd like to collect the responses this week
and write a little bit more about this topic on Friday.

You know,
as I write with ease,
with my Prom hair.

Thank you to the Barber National Institute for 
supplying five years of challenging fun.
I had a blast this year,
and will definitely be back for #6 in 2018.

We'll continue this discussion on Friday night.

Have a great week--
and to my teammates:
Epsom Salts!
They really do work!

ELOISE










No comments: