Friday, November 10, 2017

Lesson 507: Softly and Tenderly

Softly and tenderly is how I've ridden out the last two weeks.
I'm healing very well because of it,
and posted this rare full faced shot to prove it.


I'm a little tired,
but nowhere near as tired someone who serves our country.
Thank you, Veterans!


The fall in Erie can be harsh or soft,
and this season has been a tender one.




The robins


have made room




for the visiting Canadian geese.


Snow fell softly and gently this morning.


Cold temps and a dusting to remind us of what's ahead.


The change of seasons is nice and welcomed at the Lamp Post.


Time for more sedentary pastimes


like reading



and writing



and games.


Natalie loves to play Sorry!
I had to take a picture of tonight's historic game.
Sam won and I never even made it out of Start.

The fall and winter gives me time to plan for new adventures.


The Janiuk's coop and flooped its way to Firman Road.
More to come on this project in the spring.


Eloise enjoys watching the Country Music Association Awards each year.
I like all music, but country is my favorite
because it tells the best stories.

Humble and Kind Tim McGraw

This much I know is true, that God blessed the broken road, that led me straight to you

After over three years without a new studio album, Carrie Underwood returns with a new record this fall, Storyteller.

I cannot for the life of me figure out 
why Carrie Underwood didn't win Female Vocalist of the Year.
Miranda Lambert wins year after year!
I looked up the rules and thoroughly confused myself.

Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley hosted the CMA's for the tenth straight year.
Carrie Underwood must be a stylists dream.


She had the most amazing performance of Softly and Tenderly--
and old hymn that I remembered Anne Murray singing on an old cassette tape
from my childhood years.

I challenge you all to try to find an image of Carrie in her full white gown,
or a full clip of the tribute to country music stars who passed this year,
ending with the 59 victims who died at the Jason Aldean concert on October 1st.
Copyright blocks everywhere.
I hope they release her version for purchase 
and the money goes to something very worthy.

This is the only image I could post to this blog page without a violation.

Image result for carrie underwood softly and tenderly

Here are the highlights of the show if you missed it.
I thought it was extremely well done--
one of my favorite shows ever.




I really liked Tim McGraw's duet with is wife Faith Hill,
The Rest of Our Life.
Great song.


Yes, I sat in my chair and took pictures of my TV screen.
What a gorgeous couple they are!


But you know what I like best about the McGraws?
They are aging naturally.
They both turned 50 recently and look better than they ever have!
That's what the song is about, too.


Each has lines and wrinkles,
well worn faces from smiles and stardom,
but also trip-ups and tears.
Married since 1995 with three beautiful daughters--
I'm sure rooting for them to stick together.



After five decades of life,
you should have crinkles around your eyes.
Smiles really bring them out,
so if I notice them on you,
or you on me, 
we both must be smiling a lot!


No one is aging more softly and tenderly than my old girl Josie.
At 13 years and then some,
she is more beautiful than ever.


Save room for some soft and tender moments this weekend.
Cherish them.

Eloise


Softly and Tenderly    ***this is the "invitation" hymn that was being sung at a church revival in the summer of 1950, when I went forward to be "saved."***

No comments: