Friday, November 17, 2017

Lesson 508: Ash Kicking


Hello, Readers!
This week we find ourselves staring 
right into the heart of November.


I love the month of November
but this year it really kicked my ash!

On a normal year,
I'd be finishing up the 58 Day Challenge that I complete
with some members of my Team Adrenaline workout group.
For 58 days we ride through the fall
cutting down on 
or saying no to 
lots of the delectable delights of the season.

Inspired by our love of Fall's favorite coffee drink, this print is for the latte lover and pumpkin spice addict. We know there's almost nothing better than getting your hands around a mug full of cof

nikidrawsthings: “ All pumpkin everything ”

Everyone throws $50 into a pot
and the winners,
one male and one female,
take all!
The challenge is over the day before Thanksgiving,
and the cash prize in the thousands $$! is delivered that night!

This year I withdrew from the race unsure of
if my surgery would put me at an advantage
or disadvantage to win.

I couldn't have my normal fun 
of spreading the joy of 11th hour temptations 
with posts like these, 
hoping one of my teammates would cave
and I could stand a better chance at emerging 
as the dark horse winner.

You're going to love these amazing pumpkin snickerdoodles with a cheesecake surprise inside! Pumpkin Cheesecake Snickerdoodles Fall Treats Recipe | The Recipe Critic

Chocolate Turtle Apple Slices are thick slices of Fuji apples covered in melted chocolate, drizzled with caramel and topped with nuts. Find the recipe on http://MomLovesBaking.com

These Apple Fries with Caramel Cream Dip from Favorite Family Recipes are a must make this fall! The apples slices get lightly battered, fried and sprinkled with your favorites — cinnamon and sugar!

They probably would not have bent anyway.
Heck,
here they are at the crack of dawn on a Saturday
for an ash kicking,
in the cold,
workout.



I mentioned the challenge in this blog
because I was surprised how many people who dropped off  food
after my surgery commented,
I know you are on the 58 Day Challenge, but I brought you these anyway....

Know that I had some of everything!
Food delivered in care and love is meant to be eaten,
and I enjoyed every single bite.

I think the 58 Day Challenge should really be called what it is:
58 Days of Learning to Love Vegetables.

Seriously, it's the secret to any diet's success.
Eat.
More.
Vegetables.

And also drink more water.

Eloise has learned that if you do those two, simple things,
your belly doesn't have room for a whole lot more.
Keep that in mind throughout your holiday eating.

I returned to work this week and it kicked my ash!
We did not study this book though.
I think it's censored.

My Foot in Your Ass | Children's Book Cover Parodies | Know Your Meme

Instead we played some chess

Life Picture Quotes

and also this game.
Mrs. Eloise highly recommends it for your holiday gatherings.
Absolutely anyone can play.

Speech Therapy: Pictureka

We haven't studied Mark Twain yet,
but after finding these ash kicking quotes of his,
maybe I'll work him into my curriculum!

9: Ulysses served two terms.  Ulysses did not want to serve another term, because of the shadiness of politics. Ulysses

The biggest ash kicking of November 
were our ash trees!


They are getting brittle and broken



eaten away from the inside out



by these little buggers!

Emerald ash borers
The ash trees are being decimated by the invasive emerald ash borer beetle, which arrived in Michigan from Asia in the late 1990s in infested shipping pallets

Here is your weekend science homework
if you are interested in learning more about this plaguing problem:


If ash trees are going to become a rarity
I figured I may as well make stuff out of the wood while I can.


I'm working on custom fitted
Ash Stools!


Come to the Lamp Post and I'll measure how wide your ash is,
and I'll chip you out a campfire stool for your backyard fires.
I have a variety of sizes.
Let me know if I should set aside a big stump 
or a small stump for your ash.


Eloise always saves the very best for last,
so here is my favorite duo 
in their ash-kicking performances on the Today Show this morning!

Image result for Tim McGraw and faith hill today show

Tim McGraw and Faith Hill's 
songs and interviews
(there are several on this link)
are really worth the watch.


I love them 
and admire them
and want nothing more than to 
be their ride-along tour blogger 
during the month of July every year.
I'd mingle with the county fair crowds,
take candids,
and try on all of Tim's clothes.
Dream.
Job.


Happy weekend!
Love,
ELOISE

Tim McGraw (@TheTimMcGraw) | Twitter

No comments: