Friday, December 8, 2017

Lesson 511: Season of Light

Erie got a December snow!
As much as we gripe and complain come the end of February,
there is something magical about the first snow of the season.

Image may contain: one or more people, hat and closeup


Quotes we love: There is something magical about the first December snow - the way it dances in the air & ushers in the winter. | Nostalgia Diaries | Read more about the magic and wonder of the first December snow at www.nostalgidiaries.com.

It was only 23 degrees this morning
and my lens fogged up.



My mother loves snow.
She says it looks fresh and clean.
I think this is her.
I'll have to find her a red hat.

larapaulussen: “ first snow of the year ”

My yard deer burned up in the barn fire this summer.
We got these new ones that light up.
I don't like them quite as much as the originals.
My hubby made the first set for me many years ago,
and Eloise is a sentimental girl.



These were a bit of a chore to put together,
and when he put them where the original ones used to be,
they just didn't look right.
So, I had him move them.
And move them again.
And move them again.
I think I got downgraded a Christmas gift in the process.

The new lights do look pretty.
We added an angel to the tree house.


At night she looks like she's flying.


We like to drive around and look at holiday lights.
It's one of our favorite things to do.

Some people just have a strong base for holiday decorating,
and then they get it just right on top of it.


Now this is the right way to light up a tree!



Getting a lighted path is of primo importance, too.



In Erie we luck out with snow opportunities such as this.


Lands alive!
What are these!?
(and where can I find them?)


I found a couple of funny ones, too.


Funny Christmas santa lighting - Top 46 Outdoor Christmas Lighting Ideas Illuminate The Holiday Spirit

I'm not complete with my decorating yet,
because I've been inspired by this picture.



Snoopy's doghouse reminds me of our new coop
given to us by our neighbors.
No feathered inhabitants yet,
just some stray cats,
but I would like to make it look nice for them.
I need suggestions.
I went to Walmart this evening in search of the just right thing.
Icicle lights?
A wreath?
Big colored bulbs?
My feral colony deserves a pretty Christmas, too.
Weekend homework:
Send Eloise some ideas!
It's like a blank canvas!


I should have asked my students.
They are never short on creative ideas.





I've been getting out for my mile walk every day,
but during the week,
I have to walk in the darkness.


I'm so glad I caught the Super Moon the other night!
It certainly lived up to its name.


On weekends I wait until dawn
so I can experience the sunrise.



As I rounded the bend on the park path last Saturday,
I noticed these two trees.


One is healthy


and the other looks to be celebrating its last season.


I decided to decorate the trees
for winter walkers to appreciate,
and asked the community to help me decorate them.


I added decorations to the dying tree, too,
because there is beauty in all stages of life.


I ran down for a quick peek on Sunday,
and I found some community members had added to the trees!
Eloise was so happy!


I haven't been back at all this week
because of the darkness.


But I am very excited to see if there are more.


I'm also excited to celebrate the true light of the world
in just 17 days!

This #Christmas season (and always), follow the example of #JesusChrist facebook.com/173301249409767 and #LIGHTtheWORLD. Watch the inspiring video pinterest.com/pin/24066179242276904 and learn more mormon.org/Christmas #ShareGoodness

Have a great weekend, everyone!

 Bonus homework for the Erieites:
 if you come across any great light displays I need to see,
send me the location so I can check them out.
Ellen Louise needs winter driving practice,
so I'll be happy to ride around and check out
holiday decorations.

Eloise










No comments: