Friday, December 1, 2017

Lesson 510: Some Things are Meant to be Shared

'Tis the season, Readers.
It's the first of December and the holiday celebrations have begun.
Natalie got to kick off the season with an ESO Dance 
(Expanding Social Opportunities for Adults with Special Needs).
Tonight's dance was held at Penn State Behrend.
My hubby and I got to go to a Christmas party,
and those are always fun.

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

It feels,
sounds,
and smells like December.
It's my second favorite month.
Can you guess which is Eloise's favorite?
                                               The answer appears at the end of this blog.


There are lots of things to look forward to in December.
One of them is my fitness group's Christmas charity walk/run.


On Saturday morning we will run a load of donations to Erie Dawn,
a center to aid women and children transitioning from homelessness
to independent living.
Share the love.


If you are itching to try some distance running,
we decided to rerun our first destination run series-
the Winery Runs.
More information will follow on upcoming blogs.
Runs from the Lamp Post to area wineries will begin in January of 2018.
They are too fun to keep to ourselves,
so come and share in the fun.



Yes, Eloise got hooked on a Netflix series
last weekend--
Stranger Things.
It is one of the most interesting shows I've seen in awhile.
It is very different than things I've watched before
and really pretty creepy for kids,
so I would use caution for younger viewers,
mainly because of the intensity of the suspense.
It's like The Goonies
meet The Gremlins,
meet the Smoke Monster from LOST.

Stranger Things has been renewed for a third season,
and I'll we watching what happens next in the Upside Down
with the rest of the right side up world.
The Big Lots B was flickering on and off the other night
when we drove by which freaked us out a bit.
Stranger Things has left me on guard for my mile long walks,
 mostly done by myself,
along my desolate little loop,
in the dark.


33 Miles was embraced by many.
Participants are glad to share photos 
of the beauty they encounter on walks 
during the 33 days between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
The page is still open if you would like to join it.

Image may contain: tree, plant, sky, grass, shoes, outdoor and nature

Some things are just meant to be shared.

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

Image may contain: outdoor and nature

Image may contain: ocean, water, sky, outdoor and nature

'


Image may contain: tree, sky, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: plant, shoes, nature and outdoor

Image may contain: fire

No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: night

No automatic alt text available.


Image may contain: one or more people, tree, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: sky, grass, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: sky, cloud, ocean, bridge, outdoor and water

Image may contain: sky, tree and outdoor

Eloise is looking forward to 24 more days of peace
reflection,
 and inspiration.

During the past few years,
I've chosen a tree in the Harborcreek Community Park
and have decorated it.
Once I did it for Valentine's Day,
and the rest of the times, Christmas.

I put some ornaments on the tree,
hoping those out for a winter walk would happen upon
some unexpected joy
and take an ornament home to hang on their trees.



This year, I'm changing things up.
Instead of decorating the tree FOR you,
I'd like to decorate the tree WITH you.
Decorating a tree is joyous,
and some things are meant to be shared,
even with a whole community.

I've chosen a tree,
a nice fat one along the paved path near the pond.
If you walk around the path you'll be sure to see it.

Early Saturday morning,
while out on my crack of dawn walk,
I'll put some ornaments on it to mark the tree.
I'm asking walkers to add some decorations of your own
as you walk by.
I'm hoping it will look like the Charlie Brown Christmas tree
when it's finished.
Park officials,
Eloise will do the clean up on New Year's Day.


Looking forward to all the good things to come
during my second favorite month of the year.
My favorite month is June.
Eloise
XOXO

No comments: