Friday, June 1, 2018

Lesson 538: Eye on You

Hello, Readers!
Eloise has her eye on you.


Yes, I do!


Ellen's final drawing project was to work on facial features.
She asked if she could use a photograph of me
because it would be perfect for her assignment for detailed colored pencil work.

I told her if my nose looked like a pig,
it would be the end of the discussion.

I think she did ok!


She wanted desperately to learn noses
and hair.
She got my flip and highlights just right.


The photo was a serious one,
so it barely looks like me.
I'm hardly ever serious.
I usually have a wide toothy grin.




The photo she used was a selfie I took to see what my new bangs looked like.

Although, to me, I can't see myself--
I'm seeing someone else and I can't place it.
Your thoughts?

Very nice job, Ellen.
You can practice on me any time.
She's got a new set of pencils all sharpened up for the summer.
I can't wait to see what she works on next.


I blinked and my bird babies were all ready to fly!




The nest used to be centered atop of the grapevine wreath.
We noticed momma bird pecking at one morning this week.


Bit by bit,
nudge by nudge,
she shoved the nest over,
with the babies riding inside
jerk by gentle jerk.

She was making room for them to get out and test their
wobbly legs,
before they stretched their wings.




I've had my eye on these sweetly spotted babies.
They've been hopping around my yard
happy to be out in the world.



Sam's been moving out of his fifth grade nest at Clark School,
bringing home the contents of his desk,
bit by bit,
junk by junkier junk.


Sam also enjoys art like his sisters do.
He brought home this cool piece that was displayed in the art show.


We had to guess what he chose for the shape.
Can you guess what this is?
Look closely.......


Ahhh.  You guessed it.
A baked potato!
You are correct and certainly have an eye for art!

If you are looking for your Happy People T-Shirt order,
keep watching facebook.
The art isn't ready yet,
and should be ready on Monday.



We've had our eye on our beautiful Lake Erie this past week.

Many have suggested this recreation should be
Ellen's next art project.


The lake level is extremely high.
No beach again this year!



Eloise always has to keep her eye on the boys.
Wrestling around the water's edge.


Soon a flip flop is floating.


Then a dare to go get it.
52 degree water was hard on the jewels.



Image may contain: 1 person, ocean, swimming, outdoor, water and nature

All eyes were focused on the diamond last weekend.




Sam eyed up his competition from the grassy knoll.



Scouting was worthwhile,
as a home run was in store for him.

It's not so much about the crack of the bat,


or the distance it flies.


Without a supportive team to welcome you home,
it's not worth much.

#Team





I spend my Sunday mornings with this guy and a mirror.
On days like this,
Erik is not so hard to watch.
He literally keeps an eye on himself







Summer is almost here.
You really have to keep an eye on the kids.
Hint from Eloise:
Go buy one of the $3.88 playground balls at Walmart.
It is an instant hit!




If you have kids in the summer,
always have a plan.
Too much unstructured time leads to trouble.

Pulling weeds can quickly turn into pulling your perennials,


and pet toads find their way into your child's bedroom.


But, nothing compares to this video of the week.
If you don't watch the little ones near paint--
this is what can happen.

I haven't decided what I love about it the most:
the way the boy says Daddy,
or the way the little brother takes cues from the older brother.



Have a great week!

Eloise



No comments: