Friday, June 15, 2018

Lesson 541: Summer Begins

It's the weekend, Readers!
A Friday in June is surely a sweet thing.

There is my updated facebook profile picture.


I changed it from this one.
Sorry, Sam.
It was just too good.
But, I only kept it for a week.

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, people sitting and child

My friend found this gem from the summer of 1991.
Mean Streak.
Cedar Point.
A mean ride,
and one I've never forgotten.
I totally get it Sam.
Let them all make fun of you.

Image may contain: 3 people, indoor

Those rides are for the birds!

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people sitting, tree and outdoor

Speaking of birds...
A pair of bluebirds moved into our bluebird house!
They have a nest with four bluebird babies!



It was a good animal week.

This is Franklin.
He was one of the kittens I found on the Fourth of July last year.


This is Betsy.
Also a found kitten from summer 2017,
which I kept alive throughout the long, long winter.


So, what I didn't know
was that cats could reproduce within a year!

Here is one of the five cuties ready for a home in a few weeks.
Harbor Creek residents,
I am going to shamelessly put them in a wagon
and take them around door to door.
I'm starting with Foxwood.


We've been handling this set a lot,


making them good for outdoor lives or indoors.





It was a week of two college visits--
both known for great Speech Pathology programs.


Edinboro University was very impressive!


Natalie liked it, too!


Especially when they give recruits cool pens like this!


Natalie finagled herself a new pair of glasses.
She wore them on the college visit to Clarion University.

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people sitting, sunglasses and closeup


We happened to mention to Clarion
 that we had visited Edinboro earlier in the week,
and they gave us some cool glasses.

We left with more cool glasses
and a t-shirt!



Nephew Erik is growing up!


I'll let the pictures tell this story.






Here is a story very similar to ours.
Click on this video about brothers with autism.
Thanks for sharing it with us, Jayme.



Natalie is going to fund raise this summer for the cause, as well.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing and outdoor

The link to Happy People t-shirts 3.0 has arrived.
They aren't quite this blue,

Store Logo

but a beautiful blue, just the same!

You can purchase a unisex t-shirt,

Natalie's Happy People PosiCharge Competitor Tee

a women's tank top,


 Natalie's Happy People PosiCharge Competitor Racerback Tank

and to honor Cousin Bonnie's request--
a hoodie!

Natalie's Happy People Pullover Hoodie

All orders will be through Phantom Graphics online.
The order will be open until July 1st.
Place your order on-line and your clothing item will be delivered to you!
Even out of towners can order!



Eloise is excited for the Star 104 Book Club on Monday, June 18th.
Here is the registration in case you missed it.



I'm always in a good mood at the start of summertime.
I'll post one of my new favorite photos in honor of my inner cheer.

truckyeahcountrystars

And here's my new favorite quote,
in case you made a rude comment about Tim McGraw and the koala.

Have a great week!
Eloise

Change รขœ¨




No comments: