Saturday, June 9, 2018

Lesson 540: Juvenile Lifer!


We are celebrating at the Lamp Post tonight.
School has officially ended for the 2017-18 school year,
and we are all coming home for summer 2018!

I made the cover of the Local Section
of the Erie newspaper!

Yes, that's me,
hugging a very wonderful student.
789 Accelerated Reader points kind of wonderful.


No, that is not a cigar in my mouth.
It's a noise maker.

The Best Little Elementary School on the hill,
Fred S. Clark Elementary,
gives our students a special summer send off.


Watch this youtube clip!


Not only was the mistaken cigar in my mouth sort of comical,
but the headline above my picture.
Juvenile Lifer confused a few people.

In a way, I am a Juvenile Lifer.
My life revolves around kids.
Always has.
Always will.


And kids have a way of burning you out come June.

Teacher at the beginning of the school year and teacher at the end of the school year.

You are worth every ounce of effort though, students!

Best of luck to the graduates--

from sixth grade



to the Seniors.


Image may contain: Jack Groshek, sitting and shoes

The halls will feel empty without you for awhile,


but they will soon be filled again with another crop for propagating.
We'll reproduce the same messages we've said before.

You are our future!


Make good choices.


Learn to cooperate and work with others.


Work as a team,
but never fear standing solo to be recognized
for your individual accomplishments.


 Move on to the next Big Thing.


Smile.


Thank those who got you to where you are today.




Give off enough energy to create that one degree of extra heat.


Cross the line.


Reinvest in your community.





Go away for awhile to see what there is to see,
and return to live here--
or at least come back to visit.
Erie has some fabulous spaces and places.




Relive your childhood memories,
even if they involve some heckling from your friends.



Take some risks.


Seek a supportive group.


Lean on someone in your time of need.



Life can be wacky.



That's the beauty of it all.
In fact, we all see beauty in different ways.
That's what makes us all so unique.


This is my favorite project of Sam's.
He brought this home in his art portfolio.


I don't get the Snitog joke,
nor do I care to investigate.


As usual,
Sam's artwork carries a food theme.




And a cat theme.


We're going to have a few (many)
to give away.
Contact Eloise if you are in the market for a kitten or three.



My original selfie that Ellen used for her drawing came home in her portfolio.
Proof that I can take a serious photo,
without a camera in front of my face.


I flipped my phone around to check out my newly cut in bangs.
Hair is serious business.


For the next couple of months 
the Lamp Post will be lit with lots of sunshine.
School is out for the summer,
but the lessons always continue.
Learning never stops.


Check out a video compilation of assorted photos
from end of year activities,
including Harbor Creek High School's Community Day.
What a great way for the kids to give back!

Eloise
The Juvenile Lifer





No comments: