Friday, September 7, 2018

Lesson 553: Captured!

Good evening, Everyone.
Eloise, here.
I've been on the lookout this week
and have snagged myself some fine captures.


Late summer is so full of color.


There are no better skies than those in August and September.


This was a glorious sunset this week,
but Eloise has spent a handful of sunrises 
hunting cats.

The feral cats that live in my backyard


have gone from a couple,


to a family,

to a colony
in just two years.


I have been trying to catch Stealth,
the orange and white mother
since I gave her shelter two years ago.

The last 24 months have been a game of cat and mouse--
or to paint you a better picture,
Wyle. E. Coyote vs Roadrunner


When the babies from last summer began reproducing
before their first birthdays
Eloise stepped up the catch and release 
to this level:


Success!






I've caught seven of them in the last week


five of the seven were females!


I still have some more to go, 
but should have them all doctored up soon.


A very big thank you to Dr. Williams out at Hometown Vet
for all of your help.


They've been released back out into their natural environment,
and I'll make sure they are kept warm through the cold months
and get a meal each day.
I'd rather have an alpaca farm with a donkey,
but for now,
these feral little animals will keep me busy.

The girls and I will be busy looking to capture 
the Beast on the Bay this year.


Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing


He's on the loose tomorrow.
We're thinking of bringing the live traps.
All these years I've brought along
axes 


and sling shots


and a slew of other pokey things
to help me capture him.



But maybe I've been wrong.
I mean,
maybe the Beast just seems big,
and in reality,
the Beast isn't that big at all.


Maybe if we think of the Beast as smaller
instead of bigger,
and the quest to catch him
less of an individual 
and more of a team effort
we may capture him this year!

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, sky, ocean, outdoor and nature

My sister and I thank all of the supporters once again.
From your Happy People t-shirt purchase


to simply taking a few minutes to interact with Natalie and Erik


you are helping make their lives better.

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, outdoor

There is nothing that can capture Eloise's attention 
more than a good story.

PBS is doing something very cool.



For the video teaser, 
see below.


It looks as though this began in May and I missed it,
but the Fall Premier is September 11th on PBS.

I've scrolled through the top 100 and narrowed my choices to the top 10.
I thought long and hard as to how I'd cast my vote
and I chose Harry Potter
because of the beauty of JK Rowling's imagination
and the intricate details of the magical world
she created for Harry Potter.
It was fun looking at the choices of others.



quotes about books and libraries | quotes about books words and writing make me happy enjoy your sunday

I only cast one vote,
although I read you can vote more often than that.
I think the practice of super votes 
and voting once a day
is becoming a problem.

A few of my younger elementary students 
thought that you could vote for President 
more than once.

I feel that strategizing for that type
of mega voting is sending the wrong messages to children
and undermining the power of casting a well thought out vote.

Research the candidates.
Think it through.
Cast your vote thoughtfully
and meaningfully.

I didn't vote in the last fan vote for
America's Got Talent
because I simply couldn't choose a favorite.
All the acts are so good this year!

One story that I love this best
is of this singer, Michael Ketterer.
If you don't know this touching story,
give this watch.
It's your weekend homework.


Fiction stories are a great escape for Eloise.

reading รขœ§  I Shop books at Books + Rec Shoppe www.booksandrec.com

A true story really captures my attention though.
For those of you who love non-fiction,
I'll be writing about another way to share stories and learn--
true stories at that--
podcasts!
Eloise has become a raging fan
and I can't wait to tell you about it next week.

Resting up for the Beast Hunt now.
Time to set the traps.

Eloise

The stories we love best live in us forever.  ~ J. K. Rowling

No comments: