Friday, January 11, 2019

Lesson 573: Tidy Up

Good evening, Readers.
Eloise here, 
rounding out rainy and snowy week with 
you weekend starter blog.


Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor

Late nights and fear of a wet lens
prevented outdoor photos for this week.
Eloise spent lots of time inside gyms and meeting rooms.

While the weather keeps us indoors,
I use that as a time to get my house in order
before baseball season starts.

My in boxes were blowing up as everyone shared the good news!
My favorite book is now a Netflix series!

Decluttering and organization tips from the Life- Changing Magic of Tidying Up. My review of the book.

Japanese sweetheart Marie Kondo
has charmed viewers into caring for their homes
and cherishing the items within them.

Les 10 commandements de la papesse du rangement-Marie Kondo

Many of you recalled my life-changing blog from a few years ago.


Readers remembered how I used 
the Kondo method to hoe out the Lamp Post.
I fully believe the spark is going to catch fire
now that it can be watched on television.


Marie's method is different from the 
room-by-room method of cleaning that so many of us follow.

You begin with all the clothing in your house,



and follow with this specific order.

A First Look at Marie Kondo’s Spark Joy | MyDomaine

By beginning with clothing and books,
the discarding process
will rid your home of weight that bogs it down.

"The best way to find out what we really need is to get rid of what we don't." — Marie Kondo

Marie begins by blessing the home
and thanking it for giving her clients shelter and protection.



There is lots of psychology in the process.

how to REALLY declutter: the marie kondo method

I went through the process myself
and can tell you that it works!

I've learned when the feeling of overwhelm 
begins to seep through the cracks 
of what I try to make an orderly life,
I recognize that my closet most often needs weeded out
and reordered.
As soon as I finish,
I feel instantly better.


The Art of Tidying Up: 9 Lessons Learned from Marie Kondo's Book // A Modest Vessel Blog

Handling each item in your home,
is a very important part of the process.

You must hold every shirt,
shoe,
purse,
and panty
and ask yourself the most important question:

Does this spark joy?

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo – Book Review ...

The things remaining in your home are important
and deserve to be cherished and treated with love.

Marie Kondo has a specific method for Japanese style folding--
narrow, 
tight,
and stored on end.


A properly ordered and folded closet looks something like this.

The vertical stacking method should also be used in closets.  Image Source: Instagram user susanneschipper2

The very best part about the new Tidying Up show
is that you see Marie go into homes,
assess the problems,
offer instruction through modeling,
then she leaves!

Tell me and I  forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.   What a great quote for #backtoschool #quote #true

The students must do the work themselves
and she comes back to check progress later in the week.
Marie is a wonderful teacher 
and I am proud to be a graduate of her program.

Verhuizen KonMari - Does it spark joy

The Lamp Post is still is really good order
three and a half years later.
And when it inevitably starts to get bad again,
and I begin to feel overwhelmed,
I block out a couple of hours do what I need to do:
Reset and Reorganize
which really means
hit up my closet and take Hazel for a walk.

American Bulldog

I hope, Readers,
that you take some time to help order your space
and that this story inspired you.

On Teaching as Performance: | 27 Awesome Straight-Talk Quotes About Teaching

I'd love to help you get started.
Give me a holler.
I'm a pretty good teacher.
I've had 25 years of practice!

Teaching is such a wonderful profession
and in my belief,
the most important one.

Teachers teach all other professions.  Absolutely!!! #motivation for teachers

My colleagues spent the last week reflecting on our careers,
and dug deep to our roots.
Lots of Why I Teach discussions were held
in classrooms,
lunchrooms,
and in hallways.
It was really interesting 
hearing what lead people to the profession.

Teaching and Learning Chalkboard Quotes

Eloise is proud of our district and all we achieve as a team.


Do something wonderful this weekend, Readers.

That something wonderful may just be in 
the cleaning out of your own clothes closet.

Eloise

I'll have my bachelor's degree before I know it. Already looking into schools for my masters.










No comments: