Friday, February 8, 2019

Lesson 577: Shine Bright

There's a bright glow coming from the Lamp Post tonight.


Maybe because we soaked up some vitamin D
last weekend.


Rides to the lake are always worth taking.


Vacant but beautiful shoreline.


Miles of rugged coastline


touched by winter's frozen hand.


Natalie was the brightest of the bunch tonight


as she headed off to Night to Shine
on a cold and windy night.


The special night 
designed for special people


is made possible by the Tim Tebow Foundation
in cooperation with churches
and many volunteers.


They make for a special night for the attendees,
but for the parents and caregivers, also.


A red carpet entrance,
a dance,
a dinner catered by Chick-Fil-A,
and a bag full of goodies
are all part of the evening.


Princess pranced in with a crown on her head
proudly showing off her loot to the Lamp Post gang of regulars.


Please watch this message from Tim Tebow himself--
a good guy
who is working for the greater good.



Weekend homework:
What greater good do you have in you?

What's my good?
I don't know.
I think a lot about it.

12 Wonderful Quotes from the Wizard of Oz _power of good and this greater than the power of evil quote

I've come to the conclusion
that if you are using the gifts God gave you,
with the best intentions possible,
and giving your best each day--
your purpose reveals itself.


Maybe I've answered the calling I had when walking across
the Edinboro University campus as a sophomore,
making an unplanned U-turn into my advisor's office--
and switched my major to include Special Education.


I hadn't thought about it before that--
just that day.
It was a urge that couldn't be ignored. 


So maybe they are my greater good.


Or maybe it's all these dumb photos I take.
They aren't great,
but they make people happy,
especially when they land on one
that has been Eloised.





It doesn't make Eloise too happy when people steal her camera
to take nostril shots though.


Or maybe my good is in telling you the best places to go for a walk
when the sun shines brightly.



I take Hazel for sniffs lots of places


and we know all of the best and brightest spots around.


Or maybe its in the sharing of the good places to go.
where the lights shine bright,
especially the lunar lights tubing hill
at Peek n Peak Resort.




It could be in sharing all of my reads.
This one looks especially good 
and I'll be starting it this weekend.


I can't wait to read Georgia Hunter's family story.
Maybe I'll write my own someday,
and I'll title it
We Were Lucky, Too.

ELOISE



No comments: