Friday, February 1, 2019

Lesson 576: Bowler Vortex


Hello, Readers.
Feel like Hell froze over this week?


Sure is cold here at the Lamp Post.


That's why I'm wearing a onesie.
I added this new one to my winter collection


Tonight's post is named for this dreadfully cold weather 
we've experienced this week,


and for my hubby 
who placed 9th in the Erie Times News Bowling Tournament.


It's hard for any of us to be disappointed in a 9th place finish.
Especially when he had almost withdrew minutes before the start.
A back injury nearly sidelined him,
but with an emergency adjustment and
a new technique called cupping that worked really well in this instance,
kept him in the hunt for three weeks 
as well as a top ten finish.

I don't understand athletes.


I suppose that is because I'm not one.
Trying to cheer hubby over a 9 fingered finish,
was like trying to console Sam over a loss over a 
very close basketball game.

Image may contain: 1 person

The Huskies had themselves quite the dog fight 
in game against the Meadville Bulldogs
in tournament play last weekend.

Sunday's back and forth game came down to the final half second
when a foul was called.
Huskies sunk a claw into a one point lead,
with a lanky Bulldog on the foul line and two shots to take.

Fans suspended all breathing.
Eyes widened in expectation.

Image may contain: 5 people, indoor

The Other #33 stepped up to the line
and confidently sunk the first shot to tie,
and the next for the win.

Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sports, basketball court and shoes

That's such a tense situation for anyone to be in,
let alone a sixth grader.

Sam and I found the player after the game
 and congratulated him on the way out.

I was happy to find this message on Monday morning!

Hi Eloise...My son was #33 for Meadville. He’s a volleyball kid and pretty new to basketball... so making those shots just meant a lot to him. I also want to thank you for the picture you posted. I was too nervous to get any! Good luck to your number 33:) Kelli


So, what does Eloise do to pass the time during our arctic cold?


My husband and I
 talked to our sister in North Dakota.



Fargo was -31,


and she was proud to say her town 
was actually one degree colder.


I fret over my feral cats
but they seem cozy in their little house.

Image may contain: tree, snow, sky and outdoor

 I crochet a daily row on my weather blanket.


I got to add black for below zero!
Gray is the single digits,
and white, the teens.


I like to listen to podcasts while I'm driving
or putzing around my house 
reorganizing drawers like Marie Kondo.

Out of the hundreds I've listened to since the summer,
this is my all time favorite--
Oprah Winfrey's own story
she published on her Master Class podcast.
I can't wait for part 2!


Laughter is a great way to shake the cooped up feeling.
Every evening I spend some time at the Scranton Branch
of the Dunder Mifflin Paper Company.

Oh, how I love The Office!
It has risen to the level of being tied with LOST
for my all time favorite TV series.


The Office Dunder Mifflin Sweatshirt

This was kind of fun,
until I had done 45 crunches in first five minutes.

Work out to a TV Marathon --The Office (U.S.)   | 43 Workouts That Allow You To Watch An Ungodly Amount Of Television

Winter dances are always fun.
Sparkly dresses make me happy.

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing

Looking for shareable, 
clever words of wisdom
ticks the time by on the clock, too.  


Here's the wisest words of the weekend
while we all wait for spring.
Come on, Groundhog!

Eloise

Morning-Ground-Hog-Funny-Just-for-Fun-Card-Greeting-Card-by-Avanti-Press


No comments: