Friday, September 13, 2019

Lesson 609: Harvest Moon

Happy Harvest Moon, Readers!



OK, OK.
The Harvest Moon is technically
Saturday, September 14th,
but you have to have something to look forward to
when you are writing a blog
on Friday the 13th.

Tomorrow night is considered the
Full Harvest Moon.

The Harvest Moon is the full Moon that occurs closest to the autumn equinox.

Here's a really nice article explaining the Native American Moon names.


Here's your cheat sheet if you are too tired 
to do your homework tonight.

Full Moon Calendar 2019
Full Moon DateNative American NameTime of Full Moon
January 21stWolf Moon12:16 AM
February 19thSnow Moon10:54 AM
March 20thWorm Moon9:43 PM
April 19thPink Moon7:12 AM
May 18thFlower Moon5:11 PM
June 17thStrawberry Moon4:31 AM
July 16thBuck Moon5:38 PM
August 15thSturgeon Moon8:29 AM
September 14thHarvest Moon12:33 AM
October 13thHunter’s Moon5:08 PM
November 12thBeaver Moon8:34 AM
December 12thCold Moon12:12 AM
 Fall is coming.
The Canadian geese tell me so.


And the flowers,



the fruit,


and the football.





The feral cats are cozying up 
to their winter home.


The little fawn I've been watching all summer
is losing its spots.




I spotted this guy at Shades Beach.


Erik, Ellen, and I 
took a walk down to the shoreline last Sunday.
Our Sunday church service and picnic 
was held there.
The parishioners of South Harborcreek United Methodist
couldn't have picked a better day.


Erik doesn't sit anywhere too long.
We walk.
A lot.


He did find a picnic table to sit on
in his peculiar way.


Before we go to church on Sundays,
I take him to my basement and let him pick a movie.
Erik doesn't really watch movies.
He likes to look at the covers.


I really wasn't paying attention to which movie he chose,


until after we had arrived at church.





Ahh, well.
Life is funny like that sometimes.
These fun gals know that laughter and friendship 
are keys to a happy life.


Laughter and a good booth fortune.



I'm fortunate to write for all of you every Friday--
even on Friday the 13th.

If any of my Readers know what type of 
art this is,
let me know.
I love it!
I want to make Hazel like this!

Eloise

Artwork






No comments: