Friday, September 6, 2019

Lesson 608: Seeds & Weeds


Good evening, Readers.
The calendar page tells me it's September,
but the cool air and heavy clouds 


foretell autumn's nearing return.





I plucked this dandelion gone to seed
at a Team Adrenaline workout on Thursday.
I suppose I should have been doing more sit ups.


I love dandelions
at any stage of their cycle.

Why dandelions are the best. You can wish on both.

But I like them best like this.


Apparently a lot of other people do, too.
Check out Pinterest--
the shirts
and artwork
and quotes 
go on forever.

I see this quote a lot.

Some see a weed some see a wish quote | Dandelion images | Pictures of spring season | Why I Love Spring.

I never see a weed though.
I see a seed and a wish,
not a weed and a wish.

So I made my own spin on it.
Eloised.


Granted--
weed and wish--
those words paired 
probably have a better flow to them.
But the word weed,
to describe the cheerful yellow flower
seems so harsh.

Weed Flower Quotes Inspirational Quotes. QuotesGram

But, I still have to agree
with Eeyore
(yes, I checked, his name begins with two E's)

Life Lessons From Winnie The Pooh: Part 1 – Cristina's Ideas

So, yes,
dear dandelion,
I see seeds and wishes in you.


I want to be a weed


I think my friend Maggie said it best

A seed is a wish that his planted.

How very true!

The fruits and blooms of the fall are nature's
last light and color display
before winter's dormancy.








The Huskies football has not disappointed 
for the early season games.




Sam and his Junior High strong men
also have had a nice beginning.



Still evident #77 is a teacher's kid:


Telling everybody what to do and where to go.




My house is very quiet as I sit here at my Friday night perch.
You can tell back to school fatigue runs deep.

With the house so quiet,
maybe that will leave me a few minutes
in the kitchen to clunk around with a few 
new recipes I pinned 
while surfing for dandelion quotes.

The humble Dandelion is one of the most versatile herbs you can grow in your garden! All parts of the plant are edible with great health benefits and vitamins. Find out how to grow Dandelion greens, roots and seeds, as well as how to harvest them.#dandelion #howtogrowdandelion#howtoeatdandelion #herbs

I'll be over tomorrow with some soup!
Answer the door if Eloise comes a knocking.

Have a great weekend!
Eloise




No comments: