Friday, December 6, 2019

Lesson 621: Lights

Eloise likes lights.
Lamp Posts are my favorite


I like lanterns, too.
I want to make this.
Well, 
let's get real.
I want daughter Ellen to make me this.

Create some awesome Christmas decorations for your home this festive season with a winter scene in a jar or lantern. You can buy all the supplies you need at your local dollar store and finish this holiday project in no time. You can use these as a Christmas table centrepiece or in your front porch!

Maybe I like lights so much because my birth name
means torch.

Yes, new readers,
my name is not really Eloise,
although I do answer to it now.

I also think it's interesting that Elaine
is the French form of Helen,
my mother's name.

I'm not French,
but people often ask if I am
because of my married name.

Meaning of your name, find more by click here

I actually prefer 
Ray of Light
over torch,
because torch sounds more cavemanish.

Elaine | Classic Name Print

It's nice to be thought of as a source of light.

25 Quotes To Inspire & Motivate You! – Tasteful Tavern John 1:5

The early morning light is when I catch the birds.
I found this flock in a tree on Richter's farm.



This flock I found a few moments later at the high school.



Light allows me to keep an eye out for the Last Apple.
The last of the original apple trees
 from when my parents originally purchased the land,
 was broken
during the Thanksgiving wind storm.



There are only a few apples left on the branches


and I want to see which is the sole survivor.


This coat that Sam is wearing has survived a long, long time.
It was my grandfather's coat--
from what we could guess,
it's probably 50 to 60 years old.


Yes, Teammate Tucker,
your buddy Sam is wearing a coat that old.


And after your school night basketball games


you still are responsible for doing your homework,
even with only 10 days of school left
until Christmas vacation.


Natalie is all ready for Christmas.
If you truly want to add some light to your life,
go to the Barber National Institute Christmas dance
and watch when Santa walks in.
There is nothing else like it.

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, indoor

We've had quite a time with the holiday lights.
The top set poofed upon lighting.

Image may contain: living room, christmas tree, plant, stripes, tree and indoor

We got some brand new top sets,
and the bottom set wouldn't light.


Hmmm.
I wonder who may have had something
to do with that.
Hazel needed a snack
and flossed her teeth with the wire.

Image may contain: christmas tree, dog and indoor

We even bought some lights
for the chicken coop/cat house today.
When we plugged them in,
only half of them lit!



I've got to take a day tomorrow to regroup.
Holiday time is busy at the Lamp Post.
If one isn't careful,
you can feel depleted during the season
rather than fulfilled.
as you should.

Quote on mental health: An empty lantern provides not light. Self-care is the fuel that allows your light to shine brightly. www.HealthyPlace.com

You may want to consider a new Wellness Challenge
that Erie Chiropractor, Dr. Krauza is offering.
Shifting Gears will begin January 12th.
Find Eloise if you have questions
and I'll point you to the people who can answer them best.

No photo description available.

Three easy homework assignments for you this weekend.
Here is the Kindergartner who invited his class to his adoption.
Look at their little heads!
For the full story CLICK HERE!

Image may contain: 14 people, people smiling, people sitting and indoor

I adore this commercial!



 For the full story Christmas Ad CLICK HERE

And here is one of my favorite
Chris Tomlin Christmas songs
from his album Adore.
It's a medley,
and Eloise thinks medleys are clever.


Enjoy your holiday preparations.
It is a glorious time of year.

Eloise


No comments: