Friday, April 17, 2020

Lesson 641: Half

A snowy spring greeting from 
the Lamp Post!


Spotted this half moon behind the trees this week.


She sure is pretty,
as well as pretty representative of a word for my week.


I think it started with feeling like I had half of my energy.
I think seeing my precious Goddaughters 
only through the window on Easter morning
instead of meeting them at church,
vacuumed out most of my juice.



No family gathering meant that
Ellen's clever centerpieces 
went unnoticed.


Finding her Easter basket 
in the same exact spot it's been in for 21 years,
and being so excited--
well, 
that did put a band-aid
on my holiday halfheartedness.


The day prior to Easter
I looked at half of our beloved tree house
as I took her last photos.

I video recorded the timber as the tree fell
causing a lump in the throat 
for many who watched her fall.


Erie weather was an issue this week.
I went to the cottage on behalf of my parents
to survey the pounding their lakefront cottage was receiving
as a result of Monday's high winds.








In the morning,
after a night of half sleep,
we returned again on behalf of the family
to survey the damage.
Thankfully, the residences were wet,
but still stood.
Our neighbor's tree,
their beloved I-Lean,
survived.




I spent a long week at the computer screen 
with my students,
or getting in-serviced,
or trying to apply what I've been learning
as to how to use technology to teach remotely.
It's left Eloise half-baked!

By Wednesday,
Mother Nature liked to play 
her April Fool's joke a little late.


With snow falling on Wednesday,


Thursday,



and Friday--


it's left me feeling half crazy.

I have been getting snippets of time to follow the birds around.


My  hubby's keen eye for nature
spied 4 heron in the creek
as we drove over the 20 Mile Creek bridge.

Homework for the weekend:
I Spy With My Half Closed Eye....


See them now?





And this little bird


decided to build its next 
on the shelf above all of our shoes!



Joe Paterno
and the W.B. Mason paper company van
should keep the five tiny, white eggs
safe and sound.



I want to crawl into my nest tonight,
and take some of tomorrow to recharge.
Too bad I can't fit in your nest,
little birdie,
or I'd join you.

I don't think he likes that idea....



Eloise

Excited to share this item from my #etsy shop: signs with quotes | signs | wood signs | farmhouse sign | farmhouse decor | wood wall art | home decor| nest

No comments: