Friday, April 10, 2020

Lesson 640: Simple Terms

Hello, Readers.



Greetings from the Lamp Post
at the ending of a dark, April week.


To put it in simple terms,
this week was deflating.

The weather didn't help things out much in Erie.


It's like it snowed on the float preparations
for the Easter Parade.


But there will be no Easter parades this year,
or church services,
or egg hunts.
Everyone is feeling a little down.


To add insult to the icy injury,
the Pennsylvania Governor closed schools 
for the remainder of the school year.

I can't say that I hadn't thought of this happening,
but I didn't expect it when the announcement came.
It hit Sammy and I hard.

Image may contain: 2 people, stripes, closeup and indoor

I could have cried all day
if I would have allowed myself.

To put it simply,
GET MOVING, ELOISE!

We went for a walk
right when the clouds parted.




GET MOVING
is one of the simple things that help
me motor through the tough times.

Lesson of the week:
Simple phrases repeated over and over
are mantras.

I think lots of mantras will be attached
to the year 2020.

Who better to help us learn them
than my dear friends the birds?


Stay home to lower the risk for others. We’re in this together. Learn more at coronavirus.gov. #AloneTogether


pink breathe neon sign photo – Free Neon Image on Unsplash


Need to get a strong dose of positivity? StreetsBeatsEats.com has 24 Positive Quotes That Will Make Your Soul Happy


Be Human by Emma Head


you got this signage on desk photo – Free Computer Image on Unsplash


Storms Don't Last Forever Print by printsbybryson on Etsy


Harbor Creek School District - Home | Facebook

inspirational quote #life




In Eloise's simplest terms:
Be the Light.


For your song selection tonight,
I could only choose my new favorite song.
All of the greats are in it:
Thomas Rhett
Reba Mcentire
Hillary Scott
Chris Tomlin

Be A Light.
This song came along
at just the right time.
Here is the video.

And here is his live performance
from the ACM's on Sunday.



See you next Friday,
Eloise



No comments: