Friday, December 11, 2020

Lesson 675: PA on Paws


Hello, Readers.


Pennsylvania has been put on Pause
until January 4th,
inciting another round of heated arguments.


Cool off here at the Lamp Post 
if you need to step away
and I'll fill you in on Pennsylvania on Paws instead.

These are the skies as I leave work--
sun already headed west,
lowering to the horizon by 4:30 in the afternoon..

Thursday had a nice layer of thick, 
low lying,
Erie clouds.


The day prior we had bright blue,
but you can see the clouds pushing in from the south.


Penny and Hazel 
watch for my car to pull in each late afternoon
 from their perch on the top dog bunk.


I can't help but think of this pair
like this most days.


They aren't that angelic, though.
They ate the mistletoe for lunch this week.
No need for it this year,
they said.


I try to take them out on walks right away
to burn some evening energy.

They like to go for rides in the car, too.
It was a very long wait at Walmart pick up this week!
Penny got tired.


Hazel was being strangely good in the back of the van,
or so I thought.


A four legged someone with large jaws
got into my school bag.
When I started yelling,
she hid.


My school library friends just choked on whatever they were drinking.
No worries, girls.
Amazon had them and the shiny new copy is
on its way with the holiday rush.

And Questies---this is your copy.
I think Penny and Hazel were jealous of that show off Balto
and the team of Huskies that delivered the vaccine to Nome, Alaska,
in the 1925 serum run to save a village of sick children.



We found out Penny is a climber.
She loves the kitchen table.


See how the Walmart bird decorations are all huddled in fear
on the right side of the buffet?


She figured out how to climb up and snag them,
one by one 
faced with a slow, terrorizing death.



Hazel has had a hankering for the Christmas tree lights again.
After another crunching this year
we decided to just take the bottom strand off.
The tree has taken a beating already
and we are only at December 11th.


We are keeping the pups away from these darlings!


The second graders in North East got to decorate Crystal
and her eyeless white army
and take them home as Christmas surprises for their families.
Parent gifts done early this year
with corona spiking and uncertain school weeks ahead.


Natalie can't keep her paws off of Starbucks holiday drinks.
They are her favorite!


This ad caught my eye on facebook this week.
I thought of Natalie right away.  
Free bacon for life?


Out of curiosity,
I clicked to find out more,
and lo and behold!
Look who the spokesperson was!
Handsome Himself!


He needs some protein to give him strength 
to climb the ladder to decorate his home for Christmas!


Looks like this guy is going to be home for Christmas
with his paws off the basketball.
Hoops on Pause until January 4th.


I have four more pretty paws to help me get ready for Christmas.
Even with not a lot to do,
there is a lot to do.
The girls are on break!


I won Christmas song Name That Tune at Clark School today.
I got this $50 gift card.


Ok, ok. 
It's an elementary school.
$5 gift card.
Just keeping you on your Close Reading toes.

I'm already yawning and it's not even 10:00 pm.
The moon is smiling and telling me it's time to dim the lights tonight.


Early to bed means early to rise.
I hope tomorrow's sun-up is as spectacular as the one this morning.




Nature sure is something, isn't she.
Beautiful,
and powerful,
and predictably unpredictable.

Eloise



No comments: