Saturday, February 27, 2021

Lesson 687: Away

 Good morning, Readers.

It is a windy February morning!

I thought I'd show you how I appear to my students.

I teach virtual enrichment on Fridays 

and I took a shot of myself to see how I appear to them

while we are away from in-person enrichment 

for a little while longer.


I missed my typical Friday night post.
I fell asleep watching this Netflix original--
Away with Hilary Swank.
It's good!



My students and I have been talking about
the successful landing of the Mars rover Perseverance
so I'm into NASA lately.



Below is the NASA released video--
the audio is very clear and it is explained well in 3 minutes.
My favorite part is 3:16 when the NASA astronauts 
burst into cheers and shouts of accomplishment.
I forgot they are distanced, too,
behind plexiglass,
fist and elbow bumping in celebration.


We celebrated the arrival of this fat lady--
Grandma spied a 
robin out her window!`


At the beginning of the week,
this was the scene out my window!

\

We had ourselves one treacherous driveway!
The ice was thick and shiny
but it wasn't enough to turn the steady stream
of delivery drivers away.


The ice at the school was really pretty yesterday evening.


We walked the dogs for well over an hour.
They love the big snow piles.



We were waiting to pick up Sam
 from his last basketball game
of the season. 
It was away at North East.
The Pickers grape jellied us twice this week.

Sam got to see his friend Willie
who we have now named Hop Along.


His little sister cracks me up.
She has four big brothers,
as big or bigger than this kid!


While walking at the school for Sam,
I realized I forgot my camera
and missed this spectacular moon.
I'm kind of happy with the iPhone shots
because they show the evening sky pastels nicely.



I'm at peace with my forgetfulness
because I got some beauties of her 
in her full glory at night.





I got my 10,000 steps in for the day.
I got the Pacer walking app.
I was using another one that I didn't like that much.
I did all the Zombie's Run and got sick of Zombies after 8 years.
I highly recommend The Walk--and I did that one twice.

This one seems perfect.
I just completed the Grand Canyon route this week.





I'm feeling pretty lucky
writing my last blog post in my 40's decade.


I turn 50 next week
on a midweek-in-suburbia-kind-of-day-
school
bowling
housework
homework.

Seems ho-hum for a zero birthday
but I'm really looking forward to it.
I already have all that I want







I'll end with this image this week.
I think they are singing me a birthday song.

Eloise





No comments: