Friday, February 19, 2021

Lesson 685: Light at the end of the Tunnel

February greetings from snowy little Harborcreek.


The cold and snow are still hanging around.



 Donkey has had enough.



I dug him out and gave him a pep talk,
February is more than half over.
There is light at the end of the tunnel.



While we are pounding out the back side of winter
we find things to do that we enjoy


even from a spectator's point of view.





There's light at the end of my big book tunnel.
I'm going to finish Pachinko this weekend.
It's a four generation saga.
It's a long, sad story,
but very good.


I'm going to read this one next


and after that,
The Tattooist of Auschwicz
based on friends' recommendations.

I really need to read
How to Stop the Begging Cycle.


You can see I tried that Tik Tok recipe
with the tomatoes and feta.
I used gluten free pasta and added some chicken.
It was very good.
Penny and Hazel approved!

I was on a late night pee session with the pups
and I realized my 50th birthday is in less than two weeks,
on a Wednesday,
during a pandemic.

A year and a half ago I had some more grand plans in mind,
but the 50 year milestone reached in any circumstance
is an accomplishment just the same.

I've decided double number birthdays 
should really be given more attention.
Zero birthdays have become predictable.
I'm looking forward to Double Number Celebrations
of 55
66
77
88
and 99.

I consulted a very official website--
mybirthday.ninja

Not only do I turn 50 on a Wednesday,
but birthday ninja told me I was born on a Wednesday, too!

What day was my birthday Mar 3, 1971?

Cool Info NinjaMarch 3, 1971 was a Wednesday and it was the 62nd day of the year 1971. It was the 9th Wednesday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1971 calendar will be in 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.

Birthday Ninja also told me that I will be 240 years old in dog years,

and that birthdate in Roman Numerals looks like this:

III.III.MCMLXXI


I did learn that if I was a girl born in 1971 my name could very likely have been Jennifer--the popular girls' name of the year.

Eloise is very happy to let this birthday be in the low key keeping of pandemic style birthdays.  I'll think of something more clever for the Double 5's.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Eloise









No comments: