Friday, March 26, 2021

Lesson 691: For Teens

Hello, Readers. 

I'm slowly adding in more of my Friday night normals--

a pre-blog Friday night pony bottle

and a garage mirror shot.

There.

That feels more familiar.


I could snap the garage shot in the shiny mirror
because the hubby summer-ized it
on the nice weather evenings this week.


The warm weather really popped the flowers.


It's so nice to have some color again.


Nature in Erie still looks pretty much like this.


Notice the dry, dusty path?
Strange spring weather 
during these strange times.
It's usually cold and muddy this time of year.

I found this
and have no idea of the artist 
or the title of the work,
but I'll temporarily name it
Eloise and Her Feral Cats 


It was dry enough for Sam's baseball team
to practice
and squeeze in a scrimmage.



I loved the fresh air
and my lens was smiling.
I blew my Not Saying the Words I Hate goal--
I hate white baseball pants.


Sam is prone to nosebleeds in the springtime.
He popped a dripper just as we were walking home.



The above snapshot 
really struck me how much he's changed 
in the last few years.

He turns 14 tomorrow.
Born at 3:27 pm on 3-27!





Here was 12


And here was last year at 13.



Ahhh, such fond memories.
The Pandemic shut down birthday--
a car parade,
toilet paper shortages


and weird humor.


Sam--
our big hearted hero,
whose final art projects will be framed,
because he says he's never taking art again.
He scheduled for high school just a week ago.


I loved this perspective drawing
of a city scene.


It has the Sam touch--
the semi trucks are crashing.


Sigh.

My funny boy 


who was this baby just yesterday.


His birthdays usually draw a crowd,





Sam will be a champion in whatever he chooses in life.




Take some advice from your sisters.

Study hard and do your best
in whatever the circumstances.
Even if you have to take art.


And most importantly,
Live On.


For Sam at fourteen
and
For All Teens.


Eloise








No comments: