Friday, April 2, 2021

Lesson 692: Anxious

Happy Easter weekend, Readers.
Anxious for spring? 

Soon.

It rhymes with moon.

Hazel is on the lookout for any signs of spring.


The geese are back.


Robins abound.


So do snowflakes.



A no foolin' April Fool's Day snowfall.


My parents celebrated their anniversary on March 31st.
Everyone keeps commenting that I look like mom.
I chuckle when I think of my mom telling the story
of the morning after their wedding night,
she woke my dad up and screamed April Fool!

Sam celebrated a birthday.


We recycle decorations at the Lamp Post.
His team didn't care 
because they caught a nice weekend afternoon to shoot driveway hoops.


Sam's birthday prompted our first restaurant trip
in one year and three weeks.
Do you know where this is, Readers?


Sam's recent growth spurt prompted lots of photos this birthday.
He's just shy of 6 feet
and anxious to get there.




I see Sam in this position the most.


And now that school is back in -person 4 days,
soon to be 5 days,
this position, too.
Naps are a must to haul his growing body through the day.


Fresh (cold) air 
and sunshine
should aid to his inches.


The best stories are the ones you live with your loved ones.





R.I.P. Beverly Cleary.
I read every one of your books.



Beverly Clearly rolled over in her grave at the sight of this.







They said they didn't do it.


So, I had to do what any mother does
to flush out the guilty.

I set up a sting operation.


Caught red-pawed!


Knowing the truth about her sister's addiction
was making Hazel anxious.


Better days are ahead, Hazel.
Hang in there.


The only thing I'm anxious about this weekend
is making sure I remember to tune in 
to see Carrie Underwood on Easter Sunday.


Have a blessed Easter, Readers.
Eloise






















No comments: