Friday, April 16, 2021

Lesson 694: Giants Among Mere Mortals

 Peek-a-boo!



Time for your weekend visit to the Lamp Post.

Spring has sprung


and the restless natives are out and about.






Spring,
in all her beauty,
stands a giant among mere mortals.


Speaking of giants...
this bigfoot headed to school today.
It was Sam's first Friday spent in school
in 399 days!


Forward progress.



We've made progress on the autism front.
April is Autism Awareness Month.
It got little mention in 2020 at the height of the pandemic.


This year,
I'll inform you of those forward steps
on the rest of the Fridays in April.



We'll start not with our story,
but one that caught me completely off guard today.
My favorite scientist/YouTuber, Mark Rober,
has a son with autism.
This, I did not know.


I'll keep my words short tonight so you have time to watch this before you nod off.
It is a must view for all blog readers.
I will ask you when I see you next,
and be prepared to tell me your favorite part.
I'm a teacher I will know if you are lying.

Mark Rober and son CLICK HERE

Mark Rober tells his story in his typical engaging way.

He included my favorites,

Carley Fleischman--whose story motivated me to begin this blog 

over a decade ago.

Jason,

the basketball team manager with the sweet three point shot

makes an appearance, too.

Watch this video.

Rober fans, listen for his voice crack--

a rare show of emotion that triggered my own tears.

I hope you enjoy this honest peek into this very special world of people,

and agree they are most definitely Giants Among Mere Mortals.

--Eloise

No comments: