Friday, July 23, 2021

Lesson 706: Charmed

Hello, Readers!

Happy weekend!

We traveled to the little town of Smethport,

nestled in the big woods of Pennsylvania this week

for Section play for Sam's Little League baseball team.

We left yesterday completely charmed.

My mom has been planning a trip to Smethport

ever since she found and clipped this newspaper article about 

the mansions that are there.

Upon close read (teacher term) of the article,

I found the map and the dogs and I walked the town.

One house was as beautiful and well manicured as the next.

This one was my favorite, with the bellied out porch.

I stopped to admire it a moment or two longer.

Then I looked down to discover that Hazel took a giant dump

in the front yard.

Yes, I had doggie bags

I didn't get to the jail because of time,
but truthfully,
 I was not taking chances with a ghost.


The historical society of Smethport really has done an outstanding job
of documenting historic places.



It seemed every ten feet there was some sort of marker.


Except for here.
The humor of the owners of The Cottage House Restaurant was clever.


We encountered a heck of the storm on the first night of play.


Boy does that place get cold!


The best part was I ran into an old friend I haven't seen in many years.
My blast from the past is in pink in the far left.
The thing that I noted, 
other than that she had barely aged,
was I remembered so clearly this night at a friend's wedding.
I was having a terrible time choosing a dress to wear
because I thought I looked fat.
Lesson of the week:  #wastedtime! 
Love the body you are in.


Sam and his team encountered the most intense play of their short lives.
They played a FIVE HOUR game into the wee hours of the following day.

They worked hard and played as a team

They captured the title

and will move onto States next week.

They've made it this far twice before.

Third time is the charm.

To get a real feel for the play

check out my first whirl with TikTok.

I've been a user and admirer of the creative content I see there.

The time was right for my own try.
Thanks for the inspo, boys!

Click the link below to see my first attempt!


Have a great weekend, everyone.
Eloise







No comments: